• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kids Hijack Canada, Australia, U.K. Sign JSF Agreements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hebridean

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's a very crazy idea.  Buy some JSF for the reserves.  One could station six or so at every major airport in Canada for reserve purposes.  The airline pilots that the CF has trained could be in that  reserve and could periodically fly the JSF as well as other planes.  They could also be deployed periodically abroad.  The feds could arrange a deal with Air Canada and others for this program.

Hebridean said:
Here's a very crazy idea.  Buy some JSF for the reserves.  One could station six or so at every major airport in Canada for reserve purposes.   The airline pilots that the CF has trained could be in that  reserve and could periodically fly the JSF as well as other planes.  They could also be deployed periodically abroad.  The feds could arrange a deal with Air Canada and others for this program.

Here's an even crazier idea......

Lets get a large enough budget so that we can buy enough fighter for the reg force as well as the reserves.  Whlile we are there, lets get a large enough budget so we can hire and train pilots to fly them and technicians to maintain them.  Also lets not forget that we are going to need money to buy hangars, ground support equipment, ammunition storage facilities, simulators.......Of course it would all be worth stationing 6 planes at those locations, between routine snags, long term fixes and periodic inspections, you would be left with alot of them available for anything.

yeah, thats a great idea you got there...... ::)

cdnaviator

Isn't this just the greatest way to figure out the ages of posters on this site? 

Please kids don't try this at home..... the adults will jump all over you.  You can not mask your age if you wander outside of your lanes.

Oh I know.  I will keep saying the same thing until someone does something about it-this seemed like an opportune time to bring the issue up again.  Wallace, per chance, do you have political ambitions to make youthful delusions a reality?

Lets not forget that the AF needs money for C-17s, FWSAR, C-130J, AIMP and ASLEP for the CP-140, Chinooks, UAVs, for infrastructure on our current bases that is crumbling, CH-148......

Now you want to create reserve fighter units ?  Did you even begin to consider how expensive replacing the current fleet of CF-18s will be ?  We will be lucky if we have suficient numbers of fighters ( which ever aircraft it will be) never mind matching the number we started with.  Remember that the gov decided to replace the original 41 Sea Kings with 28 Cyclones.

Hebridean said:
Oh I know.  I will keep saying the same thing until someone does something about it

And just who the hell are you ?  Do something about what ? The lack of reserve fighter units in Canada ?

There are no reserve maritime patrol units, no reserve maritime helicopter units, no reserve SAR units, has that been a problem so far ?

Why does Canada, with everything else it needs, require reserve fighters ?

Because of our size, unless we bought hundreds of attack helicopters, we could never cover what we needed. Canada needs attack aircraft, and not just F-35's that can barly carry and ordanence stealily. If Canada is going to shell out megabucks for new stealthier aircraft, buy uprated F-15's. Or somthing that could move some mud, then fight for air supeiriority. The F-35 can barley do either alone. So replace or augment the CF-188's with Strike Eagles, or somthing that can hold its own, like the A-10, buy Blackhawks or whatever, and DO NOT buy attack copters.

BattleHawk said:
Because of our size, unless we bought hundreds of attack helicopters, we could never cover what we needed. Canada needs attack aircraft, and not just F-35's that can barly carry and ordanence stealily. If Canada is going to shell out megabucks for new stealthier aircraft, buy uprated F-15's. Or somthing that could move some mud, then fight for air supeiriority. The F-35 can barley do either alone. So replace or augment the CF-188's with Strike Eagles, or somthing that can hold its own, like the A-10, buy Blackhawks or whatever, and DO NOT buy attack copters.

You can start now by paying the Minister of National Defence all of your allowance.  By the time you have reached that magic age where the Government will pay you an Old Age Pension, you may have purchased the front landing gear of one of these aircraft.  We will let you make down payments until you are old enough to vote, and then we will ask which aircraft you want to purchase the front landing gear for.  By 30 ought six we ought to have enough to buy most of the fuselage.  ::)

BattleHawk said:
Or somthing that could move some mud, then fight for air supeiriority. The F-35 can barley do either alone. So replace or augment the CF-188's with Strike Eagles, or somthing that can hold its own, like the A-10,

Please tell me how the A-10 "moves some mud" and then fights for air superiority ......

Please tell me who in the word manufactures A-10s nowadays

Please tell me how YOU know what WE need ......

Please tell me how YOU know what the F-35 can and cannot do.....

SeaKingTacco said:
Why does this happen to every single aircraft thread?

Because they've obviously read all the stats in the player manual of their latest "Top Gun" style game, and rule the skies on their PC.

Well I think they should be at the Edmonton City Centre Airport instead of the Edmonton International Airport. Can I go for a ride aong?  :dontpanic: :rofl:

Paul Gagnon said:
Well I think they should be at the Edmonton City Centre Airport instead of the Edmonton International Airport. Can I go for a ride aong?  :dontpanic: :rofl:
I think they are only single seaters  ;)

If the airplanes weren't so expensive to buy and maintain... Don't you think more countries would have arsenals of these great jets?

cdnaviator said:
THAT is the problem...they were not thinking

::)

No no no thats not the problem... just read the entire thread thus far, and you will realize that it wasnt that they werent thinking, it was the fact that the "professionals" that have all the great ideas on army.ca havent told them what to think yet so they are lost and dont know what to do. ;D

Another thread spirals down the toilet        ::)

Locking this one up.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back