• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

I love that this post unironically showcases one of DND/CAF's major issues.

We spend so much time "picking fly droppings out of pepper", that we never get around to accomplishing anything.

"I'd love to buy you new subs, but you said "sail on" not "sail in" in the RFP, so we'll have to start again from scratch."
This is a Canadian tradition. Same concept goes for choosing who to vote for.

"Stay Safe" its now part of the daily liturgy. A signal to all you are genuflecting to power that be.
Uh what?

Not everything is a conspiracy. So when people say to "stay safe over the holidays" or "stay safe when travelling", they're pushing something?

I guess I'll stop saying "have a safe trip" to folks travelling then.

Uh what?

Not everything is a conspiracy. So when people say to "stay safe over the holidays" or "stay safe when travelling", they're pushing something?

I guess I'll stop saying "have a safe trip" to folks travelling then.
Have you not been in team meetings or the like over the last 3 years? It is so top level cringe everyone having to say "stay safe".....

I told the HQ I'm the SM for to stay safe over the holidays... What have I done...

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Have you not been in team meetings or the like over the last 3 years? It is so top level cringe everyone having to say "stay safe".....

I am reminded of the motivations of another safety committee, in another time and place ;)

The Committee of Public Safety (French: Comité de salut public) was a committee of the National Convention which formed the provisional government and war cabinet during the Reign of Terror, a violent phase of the French Revolution. Supplementing the Committee of General Defence created after the execution of King Louis XVI in January 1793, the Committee of Public Safety was created in April 1793 by the National Convention. It was charged with protecting the new republic against its foreign and domestic enemies, fighting the First Coalition and the Vendée revolt. As a wartime measure, the committee was given broad supervisory and administrative powers over the armed forces, judiciary and legislature, as well as the executive bodies and ministers of the Convention.

First it's "stay safe", then it becomes "have a good day"!!

Who the hell has the right to tell me what kind of day to have!?! ;)

Statistically the only way to truly stay safe is to lock yourself in your own house. Telling someone to ‘stay safe’ is the equivalent of doing your part for X cause that does absolutely nothing in larger terms, but it makes you feel better about yourself. Extra points if you post it to social media to validate yourself.

Statistically the only way to truly stay safe is to lock yourself in your own house.

Sound of teeth sucking!

Ooooo. I don't know about thaaat!

1. 160,000 Americans die due to accidents every year​

(Safewise)

This number is so high that it makes accidents the third biggest cause of death in the US. Unintentional household injury makes up 75% of these deaths.

Might should go play on the highway...

Statistically the only way to truly stay safe is to lock yourself in your own house. Telling someone to ‘stay safe’ is the equivalent of doing your part for X cause that does absolutely nothing in larger terms, but it makes you feel better about yourself. Extra points if you post it to social media to validate yourself.

To quote Dory “Well, you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him.

That is a ridiculous reduction to the absurd...

"Stay safe" is no different than saying "drive safe" when someone heads out on a road trip... It's someone reminding you that a) they care b) they want you to make smart choices to protect yourself.

I get that politics can be all consuming, but this is the silliest thing I have read in a long time.

Back