• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

just looking for some info

adam0516

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, so I am about to do my medical and interview for a DEO Infantry Officer, and I have a few question that maybe someone can help me with.  I have searched this forum, and found answers to most of them.  However, I am having a hard time figuring out the issue of what I can expect to get paid while I am in the different stages of my training.  Also, how the rank situation works.  Am I still an Officer Cadet even though my entry plan is DEO, and if so at what point do I move to 2nd Lt?

Any help would be great
Thanks

Hey there, you'll find that all of this has been asked and answered before but you'll be an OCdt until you finish BMOQ. Once that happens you will receive your commission backdated to the day that you arrived in St. Jean. However, you will be paid as a 2Lt throughout your time at BMOQ.
Generally speaking, you will be promoted to Lt upon completion of DP 1.2. For planning purposes, assume it will take between 12 - 24 months to get from your arrival in St. Jean on BMOQ to completion of DP 1.2.

Things may have changed over the years...and the answer is probably somewhere on Milnet.ca but my Google-foo is not very good so I'll answer with what was my experience...

a) you get paid at the same rate during the course of your BMOQ training, likely as a 2Lt BUT, you may be given allotments of pay at a set rate (can't remember how much, but I think it equaled Officer Cadet pay) and the remainder of your balance will be deposited into your account upon successful graduation of BMOQ.

b) You may be considered an Officer Cadet (and called such) during your BMOQ, upon grad you will wear and get paid at the rank of 2Lt.*

c) You will remain 2Lt until successful completion of your MOC training, after which you'll be promoted to Lt.

*while my husband entered as a DEO, he was an OCDT until grad of BMOQ (called BOTC back then) The above answers are what we experienced.

Hey, thanks for you help.  I do have one more question, I am a little concerned about my credit effecting my background check.  I separated from my common law wife back in 2009, and she managed to leave me with all of the debt.  It was too much for me to manage as it was so i made arrangements to pay it back in the way of a consumer proposal.  It has been almost 2 years and I am expecting to have all the past debt paid off before the end of summer.  However, my credit did take a beating.  I didn't file bankruptsy, and I am paying it back.  I guess what I am asking is would my apparent effort to make it right, and my past situation with my ex atleast show that i am responsible, and that it was only a series of bad events that put me here. Or will they simply decline me based off of the credit score?

That's definitely one for the recruiter. My understanding though is the credit check is more to keep people from entering the Forces with unmanageable debt.

I just started the process of applying as a DEO Infantry Officer myself, have the CFAT done so far. Good luck!

i am hoping you are right! I wrote the CFAT already, and have my medical and interview on Tuesday.  Hopefully everything go good!  good luck with yours!

Back