• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just Got Sworn in!!!!!!!

SoF said:
Congrats. I'm still waiting to be sworn in. I heard the cut off date to go away for naval reserve bmq is the June 15th/16th; is that the day all your papers have to be handed in by or the day where your file must be approved by because my medical papers have been sent up north to be reviewed and I'm worried I won't be able to go away on the 28th to Borden.

I'm also waiting for my medical stuff to return from Borden. My recruiter told me if I'm available to go for June 28 and the paperwork gets cleared anytime between now and then, I'm going to Borden. Otherwise I will be sworn in and go to the next bmq in April.

Congrats Ross
Shilo is a wonderful place lol.
Honestly you'll have a good time.
Good Luck.

-KaT

Congrats man! I get sworn in on july 28th and I was wondering what it was like. Is it like a big official ceremony or more like filling paperwork during 2 hours? Ah, anyways, i'll soon find out but i'm so excited about it, I could'nt resist to ask you!  ;)

Cheers and congrats again!

Nitz

just making an oath to the queen and her successors and also a lot of paper work. but it is nothing hard to do. :)

I'll give a description of how my day went. This is for Reserve force, by the way.

We were told to arrive for 0900 hours, was there at 0840. Waited around in a small room that fealt like a boilder room, with 5 other recruits. The MCpl arrived at about 0905(traffic?). Our names were called off, and then we were taken to another room to start off with some paper work. Got done some paper work, then went to supply room to be fitted for kit. It turned out we were scheduled for fitting for 1300 hours that afternoon. So, we went BACK to the room to do the rest of the paperwork (there's a fair amount, have fun). We got done the paper work, and then had nothing to do, so MCpl sent us out on lunch. We were supposed to get an hour lunch, but because the scheduling got messed up we had like an hour and 45 minutes. Got back from lunch and preceeded to the room where we did the paperwork (next to the CO's office). The CO then briefed us on what the format of the swearing in was, sort of gave us a prep talk, congradulating us for making this decision, etc. I was the first one up to the plate. I walked into the office with the CO, and there was a Canada flag, picture of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2nd. He then read off the oath, and I repeated (sentence by sentence). To my suprise, it did not take long at all to be sworn in, a minute or two really. Pictures were taken. It is really cool. After you're done taking the oath, he says "Congradulation Ross, you are now a member of the Canadian Forces." It was really one of the best days of my life, it's a whole new chapter unfolding... We were then brought to be fitted. We were sized for 2 types of gloves, beret size, boot size, pants & shirt size.

All in all, great day. Fealt really good to be called "Private Fairley" walking out of there................... Private Recruit Fairley...that is....

Sorry for the lengthy post, but it was a busy day, interesting none the less.

-Ross

EDIT: Swearing in was done before lunch that day.

Just got done it an hour ago. It was great, except for all the damn paperwork, I felt kind of wierd being a sixteen year-old and making a will seeing as how I don't own anything..

ya, when they told me to make a will to so many devilish ideas poped into my brain, which took a great deal of willpower to resist, just ended up not making one. now have fun waiting for a month till they generate your employment number so you can actually get PAID ??? have fun with your new job man.

Well my medical hasn't come back from Borden yet so I won't be going to Borden this summer but will I still be sworn in when my medical forms come back

I didn't find the medical that bad. The only thing I've ever had wrong with me is: Stitches everywhere on my body, a few sprained wrists and ankles, and a hernia operation when I was two-months old.

But I know a few people that are healthier then me and didn't pass the medical (yet anyways.)

NateC said:
I didn't find the medical that bad. The only thing I've ever had wrong with me is: Stitches everywhere on my body, a few sprained wrists and ankles, and a hernia operation when I was two-months old.

But I know a few people that are healthier then me and didn't pass the medical (yet anyways.)

I was talkin more about the actual paperowk and stuff that happends... having to know your whole family medical history and such

Hunter911 said:
I was talkin more about the actual paperowk and stuff that happends... having to know your whole family medical history and such

Yeah a lot of paperwork, especially when you get enrolled in your unit. During my medical they only asked about my parents and siblings medical history, which was pretty much nothing. The worst thing that happened to me during my processing was I didn't have any photo ID when I went to the fitness test, it took a few calls to fix that. Now, the only thing I have to worry about is being able to pass BMQ.

Marksman said:
ya, when they told me to make a will to so many devilish ideas poped into my brain, which took a great deal of willpower to resist, just ended up not making one. now have fun waiting for a month till they generate your employment number so you can actually get PAID ??? have fun with your new job man.
We were told to pick someone to put on the will, and if not, then the Clerk's name would suffice.

Hey everybody,

Well I just finished my first night at the armoury.  I was sworn in and got fitted for my kit.  I would like to thank everyone on the forums for helping me through the recruiting process.  Your help was greatly appreciated.

Cheers :salute:

Congrats, mind if I ask when your BMQ starts and whether or not you joined the reg force?

Back