• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just for Fun - Christmas Questions!

Celticgirl said:
Christmas-Snoopy-Lights-Tree.jpg

1. When will you decorate for Christmas? Its done, interior and exterior.

2. Real tree, artificial tree, or no tree? Real tree, but freaky Aussie variety not seen in Canada

3. How much of your Christmas shopping have you completed? Don't do any. I am single - no family - no ties, however a few gifts for friends

4. What would you like the Jolly Fat Guy to bring you this year? A cheque to pay off my mortgage, and a gift voucher for a hooker-a-week

5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Day, if I had any pressies.

6. What do you eat on Christmas Day? Turkey, etc, this year cooking for me, and my two Siamese cats

7. Do you host or attend any holiday parties? Both, we have a street party here on Topsail Circuit, might have a few people over for a swim and swill at some time over the Christmas break

8. What is your favourite Christmas song or carol? None really

9. Do you attend a Christmas Eve or 'midnight' church service or mass? Weddings and funerals only, so unless you get married or have a funeral on 25 Dec, I am a no show

10. Do you send Christmas cards? A couple

11. Do you have to work during the holidays this year? No, but last year I did.

12. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Not here, a tropical Christmas for me is the best!

1. When will you decorate for Christmas?  I would prefer not to, but something will be done to the servicing shack I'm sure.

2. Real tree, artificial tree, or no tree?  Artificial, but could go with the Charlie Brown look-a-like, decorated with nuts and bolts, CF942's etc.

3. How much of your Christmas shopping have you completed?  100%

4. What would you like the Jolly Fat Guy to bring you this year?  Don't really care.

5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?  Morning, on the day.

6. What do you eat on Christmas Day?  Traditionally - Turkey, Roast Spuds, Brussel Sprouts, Corn, Chestnut Stuffing, Bread Sauce & Gravy. This year what ever is on in the mess, or in the hotpack for supper.

7. Do you host or attend any holiday parties? No, I'm an anti-social grouch.

8. What is your favourite Christmas song or carol?  Oh, come all ye faithful (from when I was a kid).

9. Do you attend a Christmas Eve or 'midnight' church service or mass? No.

10. Do you send Christmas cards?  Usually, yes, but not this year.

11. Do you have to work during the holidays this year?  Yes, on shift Xmas Day and New Years Eve, Noon til midnight. If you're arriving in KAF on these days watch out for the grouch parking your Aircraft.

12. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?  No, I''l see that in Jan on leave.

WrenchBender

1. When will you decorate for Christmas?  Already done at my house!

2. Real tree, artificial tree, or no tree?  Artificial, we're not allowed to have real trees where I live :(

3. How much of your Christmas shopping have you completed? None, I've started a list but haven't gotten anything yet.

4. What would you like the Jolly Fat Guy to bring you this year?  A plane ticket ;D

5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?  Usually Christmas Day but I think my family's opening on Christmas Eve this year.

6. What do you eat on Christmas Day?  Everything my mom makes! Except for that yam and marshmallow dish, for some reason there's always lots of that leftover.

7. Do you host or attend any holiday parties? Attend, yes. Host, sometimes.

8. What is your favourite Christmas song or carol?  Silent night...I like a traditional Christmas.

9. Do you attend a Christmas Eve or 'midnight' church service or mass? We don't have a midnight service, we go on the morning of Christmas Day.

10. Do you send Christmas cards?  My mother does, I'm usually in the picture.

11. Do you have to work during the holidays this year?  Probably for a couple days

12. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?  Yes! For some reason it's ridiculously cold and snowy all winter long but it all melts at Christmas time  :(

1. When will you decorate for Christmas?  first week of december

2. Real tree, artificial tree, or no tree?  artificial 15 inches high  ;D

3. How much of your Christmas shopping have you completed? 95% (small budget this year anyway)

4. What would you like the Jolly Fat Guy to bring you this year?  a money tree  ;D

5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? christmas eve... but we usually have a hard time waiting to 12h00

6. What do you eat on Christmas Day?  "pout pout pout st-hubert BBQ" we order chicken because nobody wants to cook

7. Do you host or attend any holiday parties? both, there are so many it starts the 23rd and finishes in January

8. What is your favourite Christmas song or carol? Carol of the bells

9. Do you attend a Christmas Eve or 'midnight' church service or mass? no, I have never been actually, it is not a tradition in our family...  but I should try it

10. Do you send Christmas cards?  no

11. Do you have to work during the holidays this year?  yes

12. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? of course... it is so close every year I am afraid it will be brown and slushy

1. When will you decorate for Christmas? Tree goes up next weekend.

2. Real tree, artificial tree, or no tree? Artificial Tree

3. How much of your Christmas shopping have you completed? All done :)  Not exchanging gifts this year.

4. What would you like the Jolly Fat Guy to bring you this year? Nothing.  If people insist I tell them to donate to a charity in my name.

5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?  Christmas day in the past, neither this year.

6. What do you eat on Christmas Day? Tim Hortons Donuts for breakfast, turkey dinner mid afternoon.

7. Do you host or attend any holiday parties?  Many.  You'll find me by the Rum'n'EggNog Keg.

8. What is your favourite Christmas song or carol? Noel Noel

9. Do you attend a Christmas Eve or 'midnight' church service or mass? Nope.

10. Do you send Christmas cards? To a few people yes, mostly those that are way out of town.

11. Do you have to work during the holidays this year? Christmas Eve  yes, but I volunteered for the shift so no big deal.

12. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?  Of course.  Rock on snow!

Celticgirl said:
Re: SnowBall...Is that a military thing or just a Greenwood thing? We were asked to join those in recent years, but we're antisocial. lol  ;D

I don't think it is just a Greenwood thing, it is the first place we have taken part though.  It is a lot of fun, a good way to see the neighbours and get into the Christmas spirit :)

Celticgirl said:
Re: SnowBall...Is that a military thing or just a Greenwood thing?

If it is fun and exciting, i guarantee that it is not a Greenwood thing.

;D

Celticgirl said:
Christmas-Snoopy-Lights-Tree.jpg

1. When will you decorate for Christmas? Do not decorate.

2. Real tree, artificial tree, or no tree? No tree

3. How much of your Christmas  holiday shopping have you completed? All of it

4. What would you like the Jolly Fat Guy to bring you this year?

5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Pending on how many presents, one a day, but not on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

6. What do you eat on Christmas Day? Turkey, Ham, stuffing, vegetables, gravy.

7. Do you host or attend any holiday parties? Nope

8. What is your favourite Christmas song or carol?

9. Do you attend a Christmas Eve or 'midnight' church service or mass? No

10. Do you send Christmas holiday cards? Yes

11. Do you have to work during the holidays this year? Yes

12. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Yes

Celticgirl said:
1. When will you decorate for Christmas?
Week or two before (no kids, so no pressure)

Celticgirl said:
2. Real tree, artificial tree, or no tree?
Small rosemary bush, decorated with Mardi Gras necklaces, which gets recycled after the holidays to season meals into the new year.

Celticgirl said:
3. How much of your Christmas shopping have you completed?
95% - God bless Amazon and small local boutiques!

Celticgirl said:
4. What would you like the Jolly Fat Guy to bring you this year?
More time off

Celticgirl said:
5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
A few on Xmas eve (in honour of my family's tradition) and some on Xmas day (in honour of my sweetie's family tradition)

Celticgirl said:
6. What do you eat on Christmas Day?
This year, likely home-made Chinese

Celticgirl said:
7. Do you host or attend any holiday parties?
Tend to host small groups, including solo folks coming over for a drink and quick nosh

Celticgirl said:
8. What is your favourite Christmas song or carol?
"Christmas Time is Here" by Vince Guaraldi - theme song from "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

Celticgirl said:
9. Do you attend a Christmas Eve or 'midnight' church service or mass?
Nope - God knows I don't go to church except for funerals and I'm not a scumbag, so I like to think s/he's willing to cut me some slack for not attending church only on the holidays  ;D

Celticgirl said:
10. Do you send Christmas cards?
A few to relatives in Italy

Celticgirl said:
11. Do you have to work during the holidays this year?
Not during Xmas, awaiting word about 2 Jan 08

Celticgirl said:
12. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?
Nope - already have one (see below)

Back