• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just a question???

boyblue

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wanting to see if anyone can tell me how far it would be for C.F.B. Borden to the GO Train Station in Barrie,Ontario and also if it can be done in a cab or bus (Transportation to there) Thanks for the time and help.... :salute:

I know you can take a cab to Barrie because my brother takes one to Barrie every weekend. He is in Borden.

Save yourself some grief and please check [ur=http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/PDF/Timetables/CurrentBoard/Table65.pdfl]the schedule[/url] before making plans to use the Barrie Go Train/Bus to Toronto. It only runs Monday thru Friday, three times a day (morning rush and afternoon rush).

If you are on BMQ in Borden, most often the GO system will not work for you. If you hope to bring loved ones up to you, how do you get them home in time for work?

my  :2c:

I took a cab from Barrie to Borden only 1 time while on course.  It cost me 75 bucks!!

I forget the name of the company but there is a cab service that provides flat rates to Barrie for about thirty bucks. Ask around when you get on base, someone will know their number. You can also take either Greyhound or Ontario Northlands buses from Barrie to Union Station in Toronto. I know because I did it a few times while posted there last summer.

Forget the GO. Its for commuters, and takes longer than you'd expect.

Find a way to Barrie Bus Terminal which is downtown Barrie. From there you will frequent sheduled South bound departures by Greyhound $15 to $18 I think? The Ontario Northlander Buses also run through a few times a day, and they all go to Yorkdale, and Bay and Dundas stations.

www.greyhound.ca
www.webusit.com

As for Borden to Barrie I am unaware of a bus. Cabs will be high dough-lah...So split it??

I used to commute to Toronto from there and these buses were the quickest way in.

EDIT

I still posted this despite Ludoc's post just incase, I forgot if they went to Union...The other two for sure

And fyi Bay and Dundas  is main terminal for buses from Toronto. Union for trains... Incase anyone reading is new. I made that mistake - Long Christmas Eve

Back