• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

June 24 DEO Pilot Selection

I remember reading that somewhere on here, but haven't heard it directly from a recruiter so who knows.

That is the next selection date I was told. I haven't heard anything myself either. The waiting game is brutal!

The whole process has been just under a year; they told me I was too tall for the Grob when I was in Trenton, but then I got a call in May saying they changed the measurements and I fit now haha. I was Merit Listed at the beginning of last month.

the hammer said:
The whole process has been just under a year; they told me I was too tall for the Grob when I was in Trenton, but then I got a call in May saying they changed the measurements and I fit now haha. I was Merit Listed at the beginning of last month.

Count your lucky stars.

Unless there was an error when they measured you I can't see how the measurements would just change.

Congrats to those who have been selected and to those to come. I'm currently on course with the rest of those that were selected feb 27. To give some merit to the numbers debate we have 18 pilots including myself on this course.

Cheers!
Mike

skyhigh10 said:
Count your lucky stars.

Unless there was an error when they measured you I can't see how the measurements would just change.

Apparently the anthro requirements for the Grob were out of date. I don't think the cockpit changed sizes so I dont get it either... I wasn't about to ask too many questions about it though

Recall reading somewhere they account for your seated height, plus helmet, and still want 3/4" of space until the canopy. If they went to different style of helmet (lower profile?), then the tall fellers like you still have a chance! Lol

Congrats, hammer!
Yes, still waiting for my call... Optimistic tho! Whether now or late-July, I know it's comin'!!
Talked to CFRC Vancouver today. Was told to be patient... Calls ARE still going out.

Good to know calls are still going out Duckman, it gives me a little bit of hope.

Can anyone else confirm the July 25 date for the next selection. I looked around this site and saw that there was a July 25 selection last year so Im not sure if someone misread or if its a coincidence.

NLockhart said:
Can anyone else confirm the July 25 date for the next selection. I looked around this site and saw that there was a July 25 selection last year so Im not sure if someone misread or if its a coincidence.

DAA said so and he seems to know what he's talking about.

The July 25th date was confirmed by my recruiter just couple of weeks ago.

I just got the call from the June 24th selection yesterday, didn't get pilot as my first choice but got my second of AEC.

Best of luck to everyone still in the process!

Lysandria said:
The July 25th date was confirmed by my recruiter just couple of weeks ago.

I just got the call from the June 24th selection yesterday, didn't get pilot as my first choice but got my second of AEC.

Best of luck to everyone still in the process!

Congrats Lysandria!

Lysandria said:
It looks like this selection was for not only for pilots.I got also my job offer this week.

Well Congrats to all who received offers. It turns out my air factor wasn't in/not merit listed to make the June 24 selection but I am now merit listed. Im going to start a new thread regarding the next selection whenever it may take place. Its called"2013 FY DEO Pilot Selection".

Does anyone know when the next selection date is?  My recruiter said that the July 25th selections are not happening.  And also said that DEO pilot is a priority one trade right now. Maybe that is only for the Montreal RC.

I have also heard July 25 isn't set as the selection. Im still waiting to get word from my file manager on that one. He did say that if there are looking to fill just a couple spots for a BMOQ, which I dont know if they are or aren't, that they may give a few offers here and there without having an official selection day.

Back