• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2009 BMQ

lutherd said:
Just wondering, does anybody going to July 6 go rock climbing; I am debating taking my gear with me.

Rick

Hey Rick,
I wont be at BMQ with you, you will probably be done by the time I even get there but if you do take your gear could you let me know how it goes? do you boulder, top rope, sport or trad? I have been climbing for 5-6 years now and worked at a rock climbing gym in ottawa for 5 years so if it is possible to get some climbing in while i'm at basic I would love it. Have fun and learn lots at BMQ and good luck in the rest of career. Hope everyone has fun!

Travis

lucasbutts said:
really looking forward to being ripped on about my last name...

HAHAH! No way! C. Hunt and Lucas Butts...GUESS WHAT? My last name is Essex. Yes....EsSEX. Looking forward to getting ragged on about that too... ::) Quite a trio we make.

Tulach Ard said:
HAHAH! No way! C. Hunt and Lucas Butts...GUESS WHAT? My last name is Essex. Yes....EsSEX. Looking forward to getting ragged on about that too... ::) Quite a trio we make.

haha, if theres enough of you you guys can probably just laugh it all off

Tulach Ard said:

Oww this is awesome. Think we could ask the recruiters to find us a T. Itz? We'd be the full package!

Aredpath i hear you on the running, i've been running steadily for months and seem to be progressing very slowly... i just hope theres a fat guy that can take the back of the pack spot lol.

No worries Supra, just remember that you can only measure success off yourself yesterday. What others are doing is only competition!
Push yourself to the limit everyday. You can't ask for anything more than that.

Keep your head up!
Remember, if you stay ready, you don't have to get ready.

i wish i could go train and get ready for when i leave for bmq (less than 1 month) but i just came down with shingles F-ing sucks !!! i just hope there gone before i leave. the doctor said it should be but i am just pissed i cant go out and run/train

scottM said:
i wish i could go train and get ready for when i leave for bmq (less than 1 month) but i just came down with shingles F-ing sucks !!! i just hope there gone before i leave. the doctor said it should be but i am just pissed i cant go out and run/train

... that is F***ING WEAK man, i thought it was bad having a flu and running everyday. Shingles would not be fun at all. Sorry to hear that, hope it works out for you.

scottM said:

Hahha WOW! What is it the White rock air!? You are still coming to our swearing in right?
Hey...is it contagious?  *puts on hazmat suit for ceremony*

no its not contagious lol !!  I'll be able to tough it out :)  and ya ill still be coming to the ceremony for sure , i would not be missing that ;)

scottM said:
no its not contagious lol !!  I'll be able to tough it out :)  and ya ill still be coming to the ceremony for sure , i would not be missing that ;)

Well at least it will be easy to pick you out at the ceremony=P

Thibeault89 said:
See you there Suitorj, where you from. Im from Victoria, living in Qc for the last 4 years so ill be driving down to Saint-Jean.
I am living in Sherbrooke at the moment. I am driving as well. can't wait to meet everyone.

Tulach Ard said:
Well at least it will be easy to pick you out at the ceremony=P

hahaha, well its just a small bit on my back and i plan to keep my shirt on lol

scottM said:
hahaha, well its just a small bit on my back and i plan to keep my shirt on lol

Oh...*peeks out from HAZMAT suit*
Hey have you gotten your security clearance forms filled out yet for the 9th? I am going into the CFRC today to make heads and tails of it, mine is rather...in depth.

i still have not recived my hire package ! ????? i phoned on thursday , i am going to phone again today !

There's not much to it. It just includes a security clearance form and joining instructions(available online).

The security clearance is probably pretty important though.

Wow, cutting in close much?!?
I got my notice yesterday.....I leave on Wednesday :p

Anyone else on BMQ July 2nd in Edmonton?

Back