• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2009 BMQ

Congrats on getting your offer LIL T, if you didn't already know the RMO reconsidered me and I was told I should be getting and offer by the 22 of this month and could be starting late July or early August, maybe I'll see yea there if not then you'll probably be a week or two ahead of me. Good Luck!

ACLark said:
Hey guys!!

I was browsing around here last night, reading and such. Some of these forums have been nothing less than  awesome. So i decided to register!

As for basic, I'm starting July 6th!
I'm so excited at this point I can hardly sleep at night!!

What MOC are you going for?

ACLark

Welcome to the forum, nice to "see" another face, who will be in on July 6th.

Sworn in: July 2nd, 2009
BMQ starts on: July 20th, 2009

It's official now...
I will look forward to see some new faces there. Hooah!

Swore in today, got my package, good to go!

Gearing up for July 5th!  :cdnsalute:

I'm thinking that all enrolling for the 5th should wait to buy that second pair of the shave kit, as we can all hit the CANEX and grab the same stuff to really make an impression on the PO's. Working together to make our inspection as uniform as possible is always good.

Paul

The majority of people who will be in our platoon don't visit this site, so that's kind of impossible to arrange, especially at this stage  ;D.

Granted, but it's worth it. The recruiter today told me it's a good idea, so I'm just throwing it out there. Other platoons should note the idea!  ;)

pmath said:
Granted, but it's worth it. The recruiter today told me it's a good idea, so I'm just throwing it out there. Other platoons should note the idea!  ;)

ahh its you.

I was thankful captain tischouser<sp> said the oath slowly, I was so scared I was gonna fuck up and say the wrong thing or forget something

Chalky said:
ahh its you.

I was thankful captain tischouser<sp> said the oath slowly, I was so scared I was gonna frig up and say the wrong thing or forget something

Whoa! Chalky, which one were you? I was the one in the black collared shirt and Collin Farrell Miami Vice jacket.

...and do you have any photos?

Mighty W said:
My trade will one day be Infantry.

*Emphasis my own*
Something about that quote just screams maturity compared to most people who feel they're entitled to a good job in the CF. Best of luck to everyone on your BMQ.

Mods, should this thread not be merged with the July 2009 BMQ thread?  I think something similar is going on in the French threads as well.

TheDeepestGray said:
Congrats on getting your offer LIL T, if you didn't already know the RMO reconsidered me and I was told I should be getting and offer by the 22 of this month and could be starting late July or early August, maybe I'll see yea there if not then you'll probably be a week or two ahead of me. Good Luck!

Ah congratulations!  I know you've been waiting forever and ever for this.  Good luck and I'll probably see you there.

pmath said:
Whoa! Chalky, which one were you? I was the one in the black collared shirt and Collin Farrell Miami Vice jacket.

...and do you have any photos?

yea I know, your user name is what gave it away.

I'm the potential combat engineer. photos for what?

TopHatCat said:
I asked already. They told me that it should be a very painless procedure as long as I do it during BIQ and before I get posted.

I'm guessing they will ask our preferences again at some other point as well  ;D.

It's as simple as submitting a memo.  It was done succesfully on my BMQ course and again on my BIQ course.  Two of the guys on my course were badged as RCRs by our Patricia staff in Wainwright.

Awesome, thanks DoubleR.

Hey all you July 6ers out there,
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being you can run 10k in <1hr, and do 50+ pushups) how in shape are you?
I'm a 9 right now, 10k in about an hour on a good day (pushing it pretty hard and I'm pooched after), and I can push 50 MAX at one time...

I just want to gauge how well we army.ca'ers are going to be doing through indoctrination.

10k under an hour + 50 push up? 

If I can do it does it mean BMQ will be a joke to me?    ;D

itower said:
10k under an hour + 50 push up? 

If I can do it does it mean BMQ will be a joke to me?    ;D

I don't know. Something tells me if the PO's see your not struggling, they will keep you going until you're shakin' like a polaroid picture...

haha polaroid picture lol nice analogy!!!

you sound like a nice fellow!  Would be cool to meet u lol...  unfortunately i'm off to Valcartier in 2.5 weeks!

I'll pretend that I struggle then... no point to make any instructors jealous!

So far i can run 5km in 25 min or faster.. I gonna actually go for a run in an hour.
Do 60 push up (Record 80..2-3 yrs ago)
Do 10x true one hand push up (My record 30 with left arm and 12 with right.... what's weird is i'm right handed  ???)
Do X chin up...  I should practice this again... my record was 35 .. 2-3 yrs ago...
Do 100 sit up  (Record was 300+.. again this was 2-3 yrs ago... I had a near death experience doing mountain biking so I took an year off recovering.. and all my abilities went away...    :crybaby:)

Also due to the near death experience.... my left knee is a bit handicapped... while my left arm has a slightly dislocated tendon...also my back was injured from rock climbing....all this is hampering my progress...  :boring: :rage:  :'(

Back