• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2008 BMQ - ALL LOCATIONS

CDN Aviator said:
Yeah, CFLRS often runs BMQ serials for one single person. Glad you wont be alone because its a real b***h cleaning the quarters by yourself.

See I don't think they do that anymore cause when I asked the CFRC if I could leave on June 7th they said no.  Also, my request for personal heated BMQ cabin and hot tub pass was turned down.  Guess things just get harder every year.  :-[

Just waiting for the call.  File Manager said it shouldn't take too long and expected me to be at the July 21st BMQ

djrecon001 said:
Just waiting for the call.  File Manager said it shouldn't take too long and expected me to be at the July 21st BMQ

Super to hear! I'm in the July 21st.  I was only merit listed for 2.5 days (working days.) (different for everyone though... but still super quick!) Keep us posted!!

Yeah especially when Andy Dick got issued the Drew Carey goggles.  I don't need glasses but i got to get me a pair of those bad girls haha

Just waiting for my medical, the Capt. that just interviewed me said most likely July 21st - Armoured

Should I drive? Is it worth paying the insurance if I won't be using it much? Or should I fly/train??

I just got word that I might be on this BMQ again, if I am just look for the really depressed guy with the non standard boots.  :salute:

Let's just say where I am right now I could be a Cpl soon  ;) 

Got to love the component transfer system. Good luck everyone, work on PT, and maybe see you guys there!

Im hoping that I found the answer to the pain Ive been having in my ankles / lower calves...good old arch supports.

Did about a 3km hard walk with 30ish pounds on my back and hand weights, was awesome. I picked up the pace trying to induce the pain and diddly squat, then I ran with it on my back and NOTHING.

I'm getting totally stoked about this, hoping that the pain is a thing of the past. Just enjoying the blisters atm  ;D

See you on July 6th.

Bet you can't guess who I am  :p

Just did a ruck march yesterday with my buddy. We did 10-11km with 35-40 pounds of gear on our back. Total time with 2 breaks was about 2:30 hours.

been doing alot of running lately...bumped my self from 3k to 4k last week....all I have to say is hills suck. Man I suck a hills....I can get to the top but once i am there i start sucking wind and wanting a smoke haha. I keep going though.  all of the sudden(well not all the suddden but recently) my pushups have been sucking hard....I used to hit 20 every set but lately its been 15 or so. I don't know whats with that.

Hows everyone else doing in PT?

Ive been able to crack up to 19 pushups, but thats stressing it lol. Situps Ican do as well as the grip test.

If you fail 2 strength components but pass the beep test you move forward into BMQ and are tested later. By that time you should have no reasons to fail the retest.

Unless you suck and are lazy  :skull:

From what i hear the minimums are really really low and you should be able to do more then that before you go to BMQ. Has anyone else heard this?

I assume they do that so that people are not scared to sign up, if they see huge numbers i bet half the people wanting to sign up would be like "i could never do that".  But i should hope everyone going into basic can get over all the minimums, if not, I think you might be in a little bit of trouble when the course actually gets fired up

Back