• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2007 Basic Training - When does it start?

jimbobbrown

Inactive
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier post re-gift for son starting basic training.

I'm becoming more concerned that he won't, in fact, be going anywhere this basic training round, because he says he STILL does not have a departure date.  His explanation is that they will give him the date when he has completed the medical evaluation - and he still has to complete an eye/ear assessment in Toronto.

Initially he thought he was leaving July 7th, but I have read others post here that they are starting training on July 16th, and I assume it is the same date he would leave for infantry basic training.

I have told him NOT to be surprised if, when he finally gets around to making an appt for the eye/ear test, that he is then told that this is great, but that he is too late for this round.  He says that won't happen and that he can complete the final medical only a few days before any departure.  I also read someone else post that there departure for basic had been delayed due to "overbooking" by the military, and that is another concern.

Any comments?

There are dates constantly coming available and filling up depending on recruitment volumes, training volumes, etc.

Has he received a formal offer yet?  I would hazard a guess that he has not, as he has not yet completed his medical evaluations....  once these are done, any conditional type offer will normally switch to a formal offer, which will have an enrollment date (a day you get to go down with him to the Recruiting Centre and watch him swear in) and after that the military will schedule him on the next available course.

After completing his medical evaluation it will be sent to Ottawa (I believe) to be reviewed.
this process can take a few weeks. When he has gone through this stage, there are
monthly selection boards. if he is chosen, he will be notified shorty. Now I'm just
speculating but, my date for bmq is Aug 18 and I have read about others who have been
recently notified that they are leaving in Sept. I think its a reasonable assumption that your son could leave in late September. Good luck.

Once he has been selected (if everything is good-to-go) he will be told when he is going to BMQ.  They run courses year-round at several locations.  Neither you or your son have any control over that so stop worrying about it. He can't go until the recruiting process is complete.

Back