• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joint Task Force 2 (JTF 2) - Canadian Special Forces

Having personally spoken with an assaulter recently I've come to understand that CSOR is a stepping stone. While it may only be the individual's opinion, he did say that JTF2 recruiting exclusively from CSOR in the future is a good idea. In his own words CSOR is an awesome gut check for JTF2.

PS, to edit my earlier post about the required time in, CSOR recruitment recently told me the time in is now two years since being sworn in for reservists.

Shinobi said:
Having personally spoken with an assaulter recently I've come to understand that CSOR is a stepping stone. While it may only be the individual's opinion, he did say that JTF2 recruiting exclusively from CSOR in the future is a good idea. In his own words CSOR is an awesome gut check for JTF2.

PS, to edit my earlier post about the required time in, CSOR recruitment recently told me the time in is now two years since being sworn in for reservists.

You should check yourself before you wreck yourself buddy, as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about :stop:

I don't think anyone is trying to say that an applicant from CSOR is given any special consideration or preference over any other applicant. But from what I've been lead to understand the applicants from CSOR tend to have higher success rates when it comes to passing the SOAC than those applying from other units. This isn't my opinion it's information that's been passed on to me from a friend who's in the stalls there.

Dwyer Hill started life as a commercial equestrian centre before the RCMP purchased it. Some of the original buildings were stables and were converted to other uses.

Old Sweat said:
Dwyer Hill started life as a commercial equestrian centre before the RCMP purchased it. Some of the original buildings were stables and were converted to other uses.

Oh I see, thanks.  Using shop talk raises street cred.

"Stables" would be more appropriate, perhaps; but I have heard neither term used in any of my dealings.  As CSOR isn't even in DHTC, but in Pet, it still seems an unusual term to be using by anyone.

That's the term I've heard used by guys who serve there in the assaulter roll. It's their word for it not mine.

X_para76 said:
That's the term I've heard used by guys who serve there in the assaulter roll. It's their word for it not mine.

OK.  I have just never heard that term used by members of either organization.  Could just be the company I keep or a term that passes like the wind and I have never noticed it.  :dunno:

ObedientiaZelum said:
Oh I see, thanks.  Using shop talk raises street cred.

Oh I see your use of sarcasm somehow invalidates my other comments.

I'm not pretending to be an authority on what it takes to make it to the Hill. I was just trying to offer a helpful alternative to someone wanting to go to JTf2 from the reserves, which is at this point in time no longer an option. The information that I have posted is that which was given to me from a friend who did go there direct from the reserves about 5 years ago. It was his assertion that guys who tried out for the Hill coming from CSOR tended to have a higher success rate of passing both the 7 day selection and subsequently the assaulters course. At no time did he tell me or have I stated in my previous posts that candidates from CSOR were given preference over other non CANSOFCOM applicants.

dapaterson said:
[De Niro]

But what colour is the boathouse?

[/De Niro]
To cut '3 names in one week' some slack, he doesn't claim experience-informed opinion.

He's stated, in pretty much every post, that "he talked to a guy; he knows a guy; he's seen a picture once...."  During one of his name changes/profile amendments, he'd mentioned that he spent a couple of years with the Brits and after about a decade in the CF Reserves, retired as a Cpl.

Judge posters by what they post.

Mate I haven't made any outrageous claims in the post just made suggestions. If you want to attack me for it by all means carry on. I haven't heard too many constructive suggestions out of the moderators on this one you seems to be more interested in shooting holes in what I've posted.

Now you've chosen to attack my service record as way to suggest that I'm full of shit about this. Nothing like a hostile crowd.

X_para76 said:
Mate I haven't made any outrageous claims in the post just made suggestions. If you want to attack me for it by all means carry on.
On the contrary, my post offered a defence from the poster who suggested, a al De Niro, that you were a poser claiming SOF experience.  To back my defence, I stated only what you have said about yourself, and suggested people not read into posts, but read what is posted.

you seems to be more interested in shooting holes in what I've posted.
Wow.  I've said absolutely nothing -- for or against -- about what you've posted here. 

X_para76 said:

Not at all.  You and a couple other posters have heard/said CSOR is a great stepping stone to JTF2. I've heard them say that it should not be considered or used as a stepping stone.  Mileage varies.

I'm not pretending to be an authority on what it takes to make it to the Hill.

No you're not pretending to be at all and I don't think anyone is suggesting you are but,

If it's "their" word why use it here?  It just seemed to me like you're taking their shoptalk and slang and using it here which I found a little odd thats all.

At no time did he tell me or have I stated in my previous posts that candidates from CSOR were given preference over other non CANSOFCOM applicants.
I don't think anyone suggested you did.

X_para76 said:
I don't think anyone is trying to say that an applicant from CSOR is given any special consideration or preference over any other applicant. But from what I've been lead to understand the applicants from CSOR tend to have higher success rates when it comes to passing the SOAC than those applying from other units. This isn't my opinion it's information that's been passed on to me from a friend who's in the stalls there.

Of course they are, successful operators are usually very good soldiers in their own right and would be strong candidates for either DHTC or CSOR.  I was targeting his statement that CSOR is a "stepping stone" to JTF-2.  There is no "stepping stone" you either got it, or you don't.  Whether you are a member of CSOR or not is irrelevant.

Also, his statement made it seem as if CSOR is some sort of "B-Team"... two different units, two different mandates! 

At this point, Internet advice should pretty much be written off, and an interested member should either contact JTF 2 via their recruiting web page, or wait until the Unit's recruiting team comes to a location near you and you can speak directly with an assaulter or supporter.  That will probably be a lot more informative and interesting than hearing second/third-hand information that may or not be current, accurate or applicable to your situation.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
At this point, Internet advice should pretty much be written off, and an interested member should either contact JTF 2 via their recruiting web page, or wait until the Unit's recruiting team comes to a location near you and you can speak directly with an assaulter or supporter.  That will probably be a lot more informative and interesting than hearing second/third-hand information that may or not be current, accurate or applicable to your situation.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

:ditto:

X_para76 said:

I'm not pretending to be an authority on what it takes to make it to the Hill. I was just trying to offer a helpful alternative to someone wanting to go to JTf2 from the reserves, which is at this point in time no longer an option. The information that I have posted is that which was given to me from a friend who did go there direct from the reserves about 5 years ago. It was his assertion that guys who tried out for the Hill coming from CSOR tended to have a higher success rate of passing both the 7 day selection and subsequently the assaulters course. At no time did he tell me or have I stated in my previous posts that candidates from CSOR were given preference over other non CANSOFCOM applicants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQHYy0TaYg

I would imagine that the only advantage that a CSOR operator would have over your typical Army private is a better physique. Then again it wouldn't be too challenging for the typical private to attain the CSOR physical level with the proper dedication. Other than that I would assume that the two units would play completely different roles, and thus require completely different types of candidates. Like I said, that's just what I would assume.

Back