• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining

well they were pretty busy with a few other students applying for RMC.  I'm guessing it also varies from Centre to centre

It definitely depends on how busy they are. Since the Halifax CFRC is the only one in NS (I'm pretty sure?) I had to wait a good several weeks before I got an appointment. Ah well, they definitely were quick after my CFAT/Med/Interview was done though.. glad its all done now.

Marshall said:
It definitely depends on how busy they are. Since the Halifax CFRC is the only one in NS (I'm pretty sure?) I had to wait a good several weeks before I got an appointment. Ah well, they definitely were quick after my CFAT/Med/Interview was done though.. glad its all done now.

And you would be wrong, there is also one in Sydney.

yep it's at the Sydney Shopping Centre  *last time I was home it was anyway, don't know if it moved*.  Don't know how many times I wandered past that place trying to get the nerve up to apply. 

NFLD Sapper said:
And you would be wrong, there is also one in Sydney.

Eh thus the ?. I figured there may be one up north more.. Could not see Cape Breton'rs going all the way down there. Thanks for clarification.

ah well.. good to see something hasn't changed at least.  I keep joking with the hubby that he should go for a posting to CFRC Sydney.  Never quite goes over well, go figure.

right on.  Congratulations.  If I'm not in St Jean at the time were going to try to get back home in the summer.  Otherwise it'll have to wait.

Lil_T said:
If I'm not in St Jean at the time were going to try to get back home in the summer.  Otherwise it'll have to wait.

That's funny...you're trying to get back to CB and I'm trying to get away!  :p  lol

HAHAHA!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who has smart days.  Turns out the recruiter I was dealing with when I handed in my application never copied my birth certificate.  So I'll just have to take that down when I go for my as yet unscheduled aptitude test. 

**update**

Got my call for my CFAT today! Not even a week after I put my application in.  That was a lot less than the 2-4 weeks that the recruiter told me.

Lil_T said:
**update**

Got my call for my CFAT today! Not even a week after I put my application in.  That was a lot less than the 2-4 weeks that the recruiter told me.

You must of applied at the perfect time when they did not have many others to do ;) horrah.

Good luck, do not stress on the CFAT - it is simpler then you think. Just brush up on the basics if you think you need to.

I'm not stressing - just brushing up on my math is all.  the verbal and spatial isn't a problem for me.

Did my CFAT today, while I wouldn't call it super easy, it wasn't horribly difficult either.  In fact I think it was a little easier than the Public Service test that I took 5 years ago.  I'm just glad I won't have to do it ever again.  LOL.

Medical and interview are scheduled for 7 Jan 09  yay..

Back from Medical/ Interview. 

Everything went well, have to take back a form from my eye doctor to determine if I'm V1 or V2 my eyes aren't that bad, just have astigmatism.  Hearing is good.  Got my score from the CFAT ;D  I did ridiculously well. 

Now I can finally relax a little. 
[me=Lil_T]breathes huge sigh of relief.[/me]

Oh no you don't :)
If you stopped breathing hard from stress, it's time to start breathing hard from running!

Go to the gym!

Nites

Back