• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

joining the infantry next summer

Moody said:
...make sure your mind is in shape too. Good luck!

Very true!...and check in your ego and personal feelings at the door as you walk in...  ;D  :pushup:

Now TRUTHFULLY, you get about 6 hours everyday during the week.  You get more sleep on the weekends (if your platoon is good and don't get in sh*t).  If your platoon screws up (it only takes one person... if one person screws up, everyone screwed up!), you could get inspections all night and a severe lack of sleep.

The last 4 weeks of basic are the hardest.  That's when the sleep dep REALLY kicks in.  As in... zero sleep... at all... maybe one hours for the whole of 5 days...

Good luck and best to you.  Basic is hard and a pain in the a$$ but it's absolutely worth it.  Even if you feel like the CF isn't for you, complete basic...

I remember a guy quiting on the second day because he overslept and a sargeant went into his room at 0700 to give him a personal "wake-up call"  >:D

DaWickerMan said:
Now TRUTHFULLY, you get about 6 hours everyday during the week.  You get more sleep on the weekends (if your platoon is good and don't get in ****).  If your platoon screws up (it only takes one person... if one person screws up, everyone screwed up!), you could get inspections all night and a severe lack of sleep.

The last 4 weeks of basic are the hardest.  That's when the sleep dep REALLY kicks in.  As in... zero sleep... at all... maybe one hours for the whole of 5 days...

Good luck and best to you.  Basic is hard and a pain in the a$$ but it's absolutely worth it.  Even if you feel like the CF isn't for you, complete basic...

more like a 72 hrs ex not 5 days, and you get an hour here or there, don't over-hype basic, once you get to battleschool that's when it gets hard and a pain in the ass

thanks alot for all the replies i am fine with 6 hours of sleep i head rumours that you only get an hour or two a night

and that was a pretty funny video

Back