• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JOB or CONTRACT

toblarry

Inactive
Reaction score
:salute:Hi everyone.My name is Larry Josie and i have a truck thats dedicated to our serveing troops .and our Vets..Its known as the Poppy Truck.Its been around now for just over a year for the trailer..3 yrs.with the truck(2005 Year of the Vetran)you can see more about it at www.thepoppytruck.ca  Im new to this site..it was recommended to me by a mother of a fallen soldier.People have asked me to do base tours ect. and have been to 3 already.People are also wondering why the military hasn't jumped all over this truck just for pr. and recruitment.but the reason im here is that i would like to get a job or a contract with my truck,with the military but have been getting nowhere for the past 3 months.I even talked to Jim Flaherty about it and he said he would look into it...no response yet.im out of work now and there is a danger that i might go bankrupt and a lot of people have  said they would not want to see that happen.I have many feelers out there to try and get somekind of contact #or someone to contact me(905-960-2680)to help with this matter.So if there is someone out there that could help,could you please contact me or give my # to someone.My email is  thepoppytruck@hotmail.com.Im getting desperate...this truck is so popular right across Canada.Hope to hear from someone soon..Larry Josie :cdn: :salute:

Have you spoken with the legion for support? They might be willing to assist you as the message your truck conveys appears to be directly in line with their message.
As far as landing a DND transportation contract, I don't know what advice I can give you. By law contracts are awarded by competitive bidding and the "added value" that comes from the PR of the truck would be difficult to quantify in a bid. As well your bid would need to be in line with the contract that is up for offer, and i don't know how the transportation contracts are awarded, if they go to individual trucks or transportation companies with a full fleet. The CF does maintain its own fleet of tractor trailers so I am also unaware of the nature of the contracts for commercial trucks.
Sorry about the lack of help in the response, hopefully you can get in touch with someone more in the know.
Pat

Some background info - keep up the great work!

ThePoppyTruck.jpg

One proud trucker
Canadian Forces Army News ^ | 2007-09-28 | Sgt Robert Comeau and Cpl Tom Parker

Posted on 29-September-2007 8:12:08 AM by Clive

WHITBY, Ontario — Thanks to the initiative of a trucker from Cobourg, drivers who regularly commute along the 401 will now have something to think about on their travels between Montreal and Cobourg.

In honour of the Year of the Veteran, which was commemorated in 2005, Larry Josie, an independent trucker, had his vehicle emblazoned with vinyl artwork.

A veteran himself, Mr. Josie found a unique way to support the Canadian troops in Afghanistan. As the owner of a tractor-trailor for the past 18 months, he had been dreaming of giving his vehicle a new look, and began to do some research on the Internet.

That's when he discovered Sign Design, a company based in Whitby, Ontario. The company emblazes vinyl graphics on vehicles like his. Following a meeting with artist Chris McGregor, Mr Josie's project began to take shape.

After an exhaustive search of the National Defence and Combat Camera Web sites, a sketch was presented to the trucker in which the artist succeeded in portraying the lives of Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan. The photo of a CF soldier in Afghanistan served as the inspiration for one of the silhouettes on the rear doors of the truck. In order to accomplish this project, company employee Loretta Janes donated a photo of her son-in-law.

Even though he disagrees with the war in Afghanistan, Mr. Josie unconditionally supports the Canadian soldiers, their families and friends.

"If I provide moral support to the soldiers, and can put a smile on their faces, my mission is accomplished," he explained.

Mr Josie added that the comments he gets at the truck stops, the honking on the 401, and the number of looks people cast at his tractor trailer are all very rewarding.

Some people who support his initiative have helped to defray the high cost of the artwork. He explained that the names of the people wishing to support his cause with a donation would be inscribed on the back of his truck.

To learn more about this project, you can contact Mr. Josie by e-mail at ljosie@sympatico.ca.

Article by Sergeant Robert Comeau Photos by Corporal Tom Parker

Hi Larry, not sure if this will help...but if you call base traffic looking of loads or put your name out there for loads. Or at least they could put you on the track to get a contract. 
BTW, I once saw you at the Irving Truck Stop Cardlock in Cornwall (?) I even gave you a salute...nice paint!
Keep the Shiny side up!!!
BYTDriver

Mr. Josie,

I just wanted to say THANK-YOU. Great truck. I hope your situation gets sorted soon. Good luck.

saw this thread floating around, and noticed the guy only posted on here twice in October.  Anyone ever hear of what happened with this whole thing?

AirCanuck said:
saw this thread floating around, and noticed the guy only posted on here twice in October.  Anyone ever hear of what happened with this whole thing?

He tried to sell the truck recently, on eBay, but the reserve was not met....

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/82945/post-799750#msg799750

Closed eBay Listing

dileas

tess

Back