• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jetstream - The Series

I agree that was an awesome episode. I can't wait for the final episode next week! Can't wait to see live ordnance hit the CLAWR!

It's gonna be sweeet :eek:

The final episode was great...including the part where the students had to learn their first air-to-air refuelling, or "poking" at the drogue, as well as the strafing and bombing runs.

Narrator: "And then there was Shamus..."  ;D

It was kinda funny the way the narrator made him out to be a sort of comedy relief for the show, but at least he made it.

And it's interesting to know that "Guns" Riel ws the first female fighter pilot in history to intercept a Russian Bear bomber.

That final episode was really well put together. I kind of wondered how they would end things off, but it seems everything turned out for the best for everyone! There were lots of good jokes in there too.

Anyone notice that the Rick Mercer Report also focused on the centrifuge last night?  Watching people go through that is endless comedy.  Good on Lewis for getting through.

Seems Erickson's handle really fits her now too.  Initially given because of a lack of imagination from the instructors  ;) and then she gets top award for bombing and straffing.  Sweet.

Too bad for Tim Coffin. At the end of the episode they mentioned he is now going thru multi engine school. Too bad he got pulled off of it to go back to Moose Jaw to instruct.

However, he said all he wanted to do was fly.  I dare say it will be one of the most challenging postings he will get...putting his life in the hands of his students.  It also means some good hours in the log book.

Seeing how a significant part of the last episode was about "poking"  . .  a fine collection of poking incidents is available for viewing

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/

Hahahsha Bobbit. That cracks me up! You wouldn't think putting a small probe into a big ol' drogue would be a problem :p

stegner said:
Is it just me or is Riel a hottie?   
Sorry bud...no, other than the fact that she's Top Gun, but I'm one of the female persuasion so my vote doesn't really count on this one.  Now, that Major Aynsley is a cutie.

D Squared said:
See how mesmerized I am... AylingMidget! thanks  :D
There we go.  ;D
I may not be a pilot, but I did sit in the cockpit of a CF-18.... when I was 3.

Midget

Were you also so mesmerized that you didn't see the ring on his finger?   ;D

See how mesmerized I am... Ayling! thanks  Cheesy

If I were a girl I could go for him-most of the guy pilots were pretty good looking.  Come on you already have a cool job to pick up girls do you have to be so good looking too?

uncle-midget-boyd said:
There we go.  ;D
I may not be a pilot, but I did sit in the cockpit of a CF-18.... when I was 3.

Midget
I am SO jealous UMB.. ;D
No, I mean it!

Haletown said:
Seeing how a significant part of the last episode was about "poking"  . .  a fine collection of poking incidents is available for viewing

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/

And speaking of which...here's a little comic strip from afblues.com which may bring back old memories of the old 50s movie "Dr. Strangelove" for some of you.  ;D

USAFDrStrangelovecomic.jpg

I can see why I failed aircrew ... I even suck at the jetstream game haha

Back