• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 2010 BMQ

Next_Level said:
Yes, finally got my registration complete! Anyways my swear in on the 14th of jan, fly out on the 16th, and start on the 18th.

I'm interested if any of you are young like myself......18.

Can't speak for the others, but I'm 20.

Well I'm still a "young gun" at 22 with a couple of years under my belt. Hey Next_level where are swearing in? As I'm swearing in at CFRC Vancouver on the Jan. 14th and flying out on the 16th as well.

One Week today and I report at Borden to start BMQ .. See everyone there

Good luck to all you lucky gals and gents heading into Basic .. Mine will most likely be the April Course at Borden ... I have been told the key is to make nothing they do to you personal and to just play the game ... good luck!

PMW said:
One Week today and I report at Borden to start BMQ .. See everyone there

Despite your course starting a week ahead of ours, hopefully we'll all run into each other some time!

A week from tomorow I head to edmonton to get sworn in. Fly to Ontario next saturday and see you all at Borden at that time.

So nervous it's awesome.

silverbirdtank said:
A week from tomorow I head to edmonton to get sworn in. Fly to Ontario next saturday and see you all at Borden at that time.

So nervous it's awesome.

Swore in today. Time to fill in forms lol :(

1 week tomorrow until I swear in  ;D. Now I'm really starting to get anxious, that and I got my joining instructions today. I'm kind of disappointed that we're not allowed to bring any sort of knives to Borden as per the instructions. Not that I expect to use one much other than for the field portion, but I've grown rather fond of my jump knife and leatherman and find them invaluable when outdoors.

Ya, I got a little knife for christmas now it has to sit in a box for months upon months.

Oh well, see how things go, i'm sure they will provide us with a kife if we need one.

Can't wait to get yelled at and fold my clothes just right.

Won`t be heading to Borden for my BMQ....a very proactive recruiter and some digging myself found that AC OP had 2 positions open up (previously told it was closed and it was my first choice).
Running around getting blood work and ECG as well as eye testing done.  Should have offer shortly as everything is being marked rush :eek: and I was told "unofficially" a spot is being held for me.

Cheers to all heading to Borden.  I look forward to your stories!

I was wondering if anybody else knows how much civilian clothes we're supposed to bring? Browsing through the St. Jean joining instructions it lists that we should bring enough for 4 days, but the Borden instructions don't mention it other than we may be able to wear civilian attire after working hours once the initial 4 week period has ended.

BearPusher said:
I was wondering if anybody else knows how much civilian clothes we're supposed to bring? Browsing through the St. Jean joining instructions it lists that we should bring enough for 4 days, but the Borden instructions don't mention it other than we may be able to wear civilian attire after working hours once the initial 4 week period has ended.

The Borden joining instructions seem to be more-so in regards to Naval Reserves training, I would probably follow the St-Jean joining instructions in terms of material to bring for a regular force BMQ course and just use the Borden document for the address/driving instructions.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I was wondering the same thing to bearpusher. Both lists of things to bring are slightly different. I'm having to buy all new stuff due to the fact that everything I own are work clothes. Don't imagine dirty jeans with holes would look good to wear..haha.  Can't find 3 combination locks with the same number neither, hopefully I can get those there.  I'm gonna give the recruiting office a call tommorrow as well to see if we need to bring all the paper work that I already have given them before again. Can't really see them wanting copies of everything again but who knows. I bought a pad of legal size paper for the autobiography as well which is what they are asking for, not sure why. Things are getting pretty real, one more day to get my crap together. I think my dog is gonna die from loneliness when I'm gone. When I leave for the day he sits at the patio door till I get back. He's a rottweiller and he's 9 years old so he's pretty much near the end anywho. Thats just one of the many things that are starting to hit me with the reality sitting in. Crazy, crazy.

If anyone is interested, whatever paper work you already submitted, you don't have to bring again. Only have to bring what you hadn't already given to the recruiting centre.
By the way, Staples / Business Depot around here only sells legal size paper in a pack of 5 notepads for $15.  I'm sure when I get there tommorrow they will say that I could have used regular sized paper.    ::)

RandyL I know what you mean I have a 15 year old miniature poodle. When I left for University he started stalking my family and got pretty depressed. I figure if my sister can bribe him with enough ham he'll get by. To all of you heading out for bmq tomorrow good luck and I'll hopefully see some of you sometime after the 16th  :salute:

AlexD. said:
The Borden joining instructions seem to be more-so in regards to Naval Reserves training, I would probably follow the St-Jean joining instructions in terms of material to bring for a regular force BMQ course and just use the Borden document for the address/driving instructions.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Nope, you are not wrong. I've been to both locations, so I can tell you that for the most part, what goes for one, goes for the other. The only differences I recall as far as what to bring are that (1) in SJ you should have an alarm clock whereas in Borden you should *not*, and (2) in SJ, a watch was mandatory but in Borden it was optional. As far as clothing goes, bring enough clothes to wear for about 5 days - you should have your uniform by Friday of week 0. Bring some nice, professional-looking clothes for those first few days, but also have some more casual clothes for weekend wear for after indoc.

Celticgirl said:
Nope, you are not wrong. I've been to both locations, so I can tell you that for the most part, what goes for one, goes for the other. The only differences I recall as far as what to bring are that (1) in SJ you should have an alarm clock whereas in Borden you should *not*, and (2) in SJ, a watch was mandatory but in Borden it was optional. As far as clothing goes, bring enough clothes to wear for about 5 days - you should have your uniform by Friday of week 0. Bring some nice, professional-looking clothes for those first few days, but also have some more casual clothes for weekend wear for after indoc.

Alright, cool thanks for clearing that up! Too bad I already bought an alarm clock hahah. :( 

Anyway, finally got all my paperwork done and clothing/items purchased.  Hurry up and arrive already, next weekend!! :D

It was October 26, 2009 when I started this Topic "January 2010 BMQ" and now the time has arrived to leave and start BMQ.  I wish every one success regardless of location where you are doing BMQ.

I will post progress on the first opportunity.

Back