• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It seems to be taking too long..

Yes when i went down to the CFRC today they told me that since I didn't pass the CFAT for the reserves, they said since it has been longer than a year since I did it, I have to reapply online for the reserves will the recruiting centre still contact me when they get my application???. I forgot to say he also told me that when they get my application they will reopen my file.

I got an email about 3 weeks ago saying that they received my application and that I would be receive any corresponding information after the 15th of January letting me know the next step within the recruitment process.

Any light to shed anyone? Should I contact offices or wait a bit longer.

_Atwell said:
I got an email about 3 weeks ago saying that they received my application and that I would be receive any corresponding information after the 15th of January letting me know the next step within the recruitment process.

Contact them, waiting usually isn't a good course of action. The only reason I got my job offer was I called. They have had the offer since the beginning of Janurary and somehow it was "forgotten"

I would call them too .... trust me if I could call the CT/OT office I would be calling them every week .... but that's an other ball game.  Only thing I can do is wait and see , and wait lol

_Atwell said:

Same thing happened to me, I emailed asking about the status of my application and they phoned me a few days later telling me my paperwork was in Halifax. They said I should expect a call sooner rather than later and to hang tight. It definitely doesn't hurt to give them a call or email. If I don't hear from them in a couple weeks, I will be contacting them again for sure.

Medictb93 said:
Same thing happened to me,

Don't think so, he's talking about something totally different (ie:  CT/OT).

DAA said:
Don't think so, he's talking about something totally different (ie:  CT/OT).

I think Medictb93 was replying to _Atwell, not krimynal....

_Atwell said:

PMedMoe said:
I think Medictb93 was replying to _Atwell, not krimynal....

Entirely possible and thanks for mentioning that!    If that is the case, then they are probably caught in the backlog and who knows when they will receive a follow up.

Medictb93 said:
Same thing happened to me, I emailed asking about the status of my application and they phoned me a few days later telling me my paperwork was in Halifax. They said I should expect a call sooner rather than later and to hang tight. It definitely doesn't hurt to give them a call or email. If I don't hear from them in a couple weeks, I will be contacting them again for sure.

Yeah no doubt, I just sent them an email asking some update and if I should phone my local CFRC; as I also want to change a trade choice.
But if no email contact in next few days, will be phoning in on the weekend or early next week to get any available information and change a trade.

But cheers to ya'll for the input.  :salute: :cdn:

_Atwell said:
Yeah no doubt, I just sent them an email asking some update and if I should phone my local CFRC; as I also want to change a trade choice.
But if no email contact in next few days, will be phoning in on the weekend or early next week to get any available information and change a trade.

But cheers to ya'll for the input.  :salute: :cdn:

Let us know how it goes. I would like to change my trade and I just recently passed my PT.

Cheers

Back