• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Isolation pay not counted as income?

Sheppard619

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,

I am posted to a fully isolated posting where I will receive a hefty amount of isolation pay to offset the costs of living on the local economy.

Housing is VERY expensive there (so much that there is no way an NCM could afford to live on the economy without the iso pay).

I have sold my house at my current posting and right now my mortgage guy is telling me I would be able to secure a larger mortgage if I had a written letter from my OR stating how much extra I would be receiving with my isolation pay.

Problem is my OR is telling me that isolation pay is a bonus, and cannot be considered as income as it can be taken away at anytime.

Any way around this?

Thanks

Your supporting Orderly Room can only provide you with a Letter of Confirmation of Employment which indicates your current "base/basic" salary ONLY.

They can't include any type of "allowance" as these payments are subject to change.

Back