• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ismailia - May-Nov 78 - Where are you now?

debbiejohn1

Inactive
Reaction score
I worked at the Hospital as the Adm Clk then.  The women there were part of Brabatt - lol.  Wondered where everyone from that time is now.  Debbie

Was there March 78 to Aug 78. Living in the Vancouver area now, left the reserves in 1989.

I was also with the Health Support Unit, but after you left (Feb - Aug 79).  Some of the other hospital pers may have overlapped  our tours.  Were you still there when Wendy Clay took over as the SMO?

Some of the people I remember who were there when I arrived included:

Bob Mapes (he had already repatted, but I sold him my car a couple of days after he arrived back in Calgary and just before I left for Egypt)
Freda Jackson - Sup Tech
Keith Degruchy
Lloyd King
Dave Boese (he rotated in just before me, so you may have been gone by then)
Bob Betzner (?) - the other MO
Hans Partenheimer - PMed
Dave Cunningham (?) - (I think he was the Sgt Med A, but age and aluminum mess tins have caught up with me)

oh, of course, Michael and Maher - the Egyptian cleaners
. . . now, if I could just remember a few more 

Blackadder: Wendy Clay was my doctor when I was in Moose Jaw.  I had LCol Laurence Appleford. Others there were :
Freda Jackson,
Maj H. Frizzel,
Capt Egan, a nurse,
Capt Morrison, Pharmacist
Capt Peter Lobb, the dentist
MCpl Reid Harris
Sgt Wally Jackson
Sgt Shropshire
Many more that were there when I started and left that were great staff at our HSU!

I remember a lot of us getting sick and were told by the Polish Medical staff we had malaria, but told when the results came back from Lahr, told we didn't have it so no idea what was wrong with us.
Wish I knew where everyone is today!

Back