• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is there a traditional Canadian Air Force drink?

Zoomie said:
No such thing - so it's irrelevant.

Up until a week or so ago, neither did the RCAF.  :stirpot:

Pat in Halifax said:
Sorry, couldn't resist...Wine??...as in wahhhh!!

That'd definitely be a boat person's drink.

lstpierre said:
Our unit is doing an event with an army unit, and we want to treat them to a traditional RCAF drink. As an example, the traditional drink for RCR (I believe) is drambuie. Does the air force have anything like this?

In my experience, anything alcoholic that has been purchased by anyone else would probably do nicely.  ;D

daftandbarmy said:
In my experience, anything alcoholic that has been purchased by anyone else would probably do nicely.  ;D

Having worked with half a dozen different air force units, the 'traditional' drink seems to be 'anything alcoholic'

But Moosemilk is definately the cultural drink of choice.  Although the few times I was on hand when it was made they used both cream AND ice cream, which would differ from the recipe shown...   

I say make it rye and ginger.  That's about as Canadian a cocktail as any.

PPCLI Guy said:
How about whine?
Is that the "whine" of the turbines that power the Chinooks and Griffons that carry your green brethren around the battlefield?  ::)

All this RCAF - Army animosity!  Maybe we should unify the two services?  >:D

Privateer said:
All this RCAF - Army animosity!  Maybe we should unify the two services?  >:D

Nah.  Keep the traditional RCAF - and the Army will keep its rotary wing assets, as is traditional.  >:D

Zoomie said:
Is that the "whine" of the turbines that power the Chinooks and Griffons that carry your green brethren around the battlefield?  ::)

...or the whine of jet engines and turbos raining death and destruction on Colonel Quadafi's forces.

Anyways.......Moose Milke...........

CDN Aviator said:
...or the whine of jet engines and turbos raining death and destruction on Colonel Quadafi's forces.

Overrated.  The important part is the sensors to locate and identify the targets.

dapaterson said:
Overrated.  The important part is the sensors to locate and identify the targets.

Really?  I wonder how they ever managed during WWII?  ;)

I like it when the green machine comes to visit us... It makes me feel smart.

Strike said:
Really?  I wonder how they ever managed during WWII?  ;)

Poorly.  Very poorly.  Hundreds of bombers dropping tonnes of ordinance that generally missed the targets.

A pure Air Force operation, that one - not like modern use of Army FACs on the ground, or even using maritime patrol aircraft and their sensor suites to remain on station and provide up to date targeting information.

Strike said:
dapaterson = Poindexter  :nod:

Despite repeated claims to the contrary made by others, i own no pocket protectors.

dapaterson said:
- not like modern use of Army Airforce FACs on the ground, or even using maritime patrol RCAF aircraft and their sensor suites to remain on station and provide up to date targeting information.
Fixed that for you.  I know of quite a few CF-18 pilots that occupied Canadian Army pers on patrol to act as their FAC.  RCAF pilots have been employed in this role for decades.

Zoomie said:
I like it when the green machine comes to visit us... It makes me feel smart.

Oh....their PR program IS working..... ;D

Back