• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is it time to disband the Canadian Armed Forces?

tomahawk6 said:
What would the lib's do with money that was earmarked for defense ?
President Obama is preparing to save US defense money by disposing of nuclear weapons. A bit naive if the other nuclear powers keep their arsenals.

But when you have enough to eradicate life as we know it several times over, it's just good fiscal management. ;D

Besides, Nukes fall under the DOE's budget. And if I recall, the plan is to get rid of the older obsolete weapons.

And you are just jealous that our Government isn't planning to get rid our nukes. :nana:

Now the fact that we don't have any worth mentioning isn't relevant to this discussion anyway.

As for your original question, most likely go towards rebuilding the robust infrastructure in and around Montreal to give the Separatists something to crow about.

Having just read the article link, it was interesting that everybody who has posted so far on the article comments (as of this DTG anyways) was not in favour of disbanding the CF.

ArmyRick said:
Having just read the article link, it was interesting that everybody who has posted so far on the article comments (as of this DTG anyways) was not in favour of disbanding the CF.

I wonder why? ;D

AH!  "The Kingston Substandard".  A newspaper whose editorial pages were always funnier than the Comics page. 

Guess this derriere clown never got the memo that Armed was dropped years ago.

Trunk Monkey said:

No, there is one force, the Canadian Armed Forces, known as the Canadian Forces.  That's been in the NDA for years.

Legally, per the National Defence Act, Canadian Forces and Canadian Armed Forces are both valid names.

That various governments prefer one name over the other is another topic altogether...

Trunk Monkey said:

Actually, it was never officially dropped.

In fact alot of recruitment ads on the various job boards out there will use Canadian Armed Forces.

Journeyman said:
The comments by "DOOH" are a treat.  :pop:

The responses to his/her comments are equally entertaining.

>Is it time to disband the Canadian Armed Forces?

This is a very bad idea.  Armed forces without bands find it much harder to stay in step.

Perhaps the greatest honour Canada could do for our fallen heroes and all the others impacted by Canadians at war would be for our country to take the lead among the nations and to totally disband the Canadian armed forces.

This is the BEST idea EVER!!! Let's do it!

....Oh, hello China. What are you doing in our oil sands? What's that? You're taking our coal mines too!? Whatever for??

Pieman said:
This is the BEST idea EVER!!! Let's do it!

....Oh, hello China. What are you doing in our oil sands? What's that? You're taking our coal mines too!? Whatever for??

Use the sarcasm smilie for shit like this. Someone my take your comments as serious dialogue.

If it was serious, why ramp up the discussion to an, obviously, stupid extreme?

---Staff---

I grew up in Kingston and this is a sentiment I have dealt with for a very long time from a large segment of that city's population. 

I remember my parents sitting me down for a "state of the union" type conversation when they found out I was enrolling.  They asked me why I was throwing my life away and why I wanted to become a drunken wife beater.  Their words not mine.

To this day my father thinks we are over paid and under worked and an unnecessary drain on national resources. 

Kingston, while portraying an official military friendly feeling can be anything but when you peel back a few layers.

So dont read too much into what some wing nut from Wolf Island goes on about,  his brain is probably scrambled from the wind turbines and he really deserves our sympathy then...

Use the sarcasm smilie for crap like this. Someone my take your comments as serious dialogue.
Sure, I kinda thought that it was blatantly obvious that it was sarcastic....but then I sometimes forget there are those out there with a pretty low comprehension of the written word.

Halifax Tar said:
..... why I wanted to become a drunken wife beater.
Great.  ::)
Now the Recruiting threads will have a stream of "I heard that I can enlist as a drunken wife beater, but I'm an autistic meth-addict; do I have to drink?"

This is sarcasm.  ;)

I had to double check the calendar and confirm we were not yet in April. I then proceeded to bang my head against the wall to see if i'd wake up. I finally looked out my window to see if I was being punked. 

In the name of all that is righteous...    this guy is actually for real. 

Interesting.

This man, however misguided (at least to me), is not alone amongst Canadian's.  There have always been and always will be pacifists out there.  We have them here in Halifax too.  I have seen several members of the Halifax Peace Coalition picketing outside the entrance to Irving's Halifax shipyards.  They have signs calling for the demilitarization of Canada.  No more warships, etc etc.  It's a small minority amongst the population.

At least I prefer seeing their message being shown in public instead of shouts for Sharia law etc as in England.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279972/Anjem-Choudary-Hate-preacher-pocketing-25-000-year-benefits-calls-fanatics-live-state.html

jollyjacktar said:
This man, however misguided (at least to me), is not alone amongst Canadian's.  There have always been and always will be pacifists out there.  We have them here in Halifax too.  I have seen several members of the Halifax Peace Coalition picketing outside the entrance to Irving's Halifax shipyards.  They have signs calling for the demilitarization of Canada.  No more warships, etc etc.  It's a small minority amongst the population.

Along with the pacifists, we also have people who think we shouldn't have police forces or prisons.

Back