• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is it just me , or is this recruting going way to smooth?

WebAddict

Inactive
Reaction score
Ive handed in my application form for Co-Op in June 15th. 2006
Recieved a call to get my application forms, July 3th, 2006
Handed in my forms, July 6th, 2006
Booked my Aptitude test on July 6th, 2006-  the test is on July 11th 2006
Called in today, told them i want to join the weekend reserves starting in fall and go till summer, they said sure, come in today and we will change it for you. and you will get rolled in this fall.(btw - i dropped co-op so i can do this)

Is it just my luck, or is this how it was for everyone, just i read alot of posts with people waiting for ever to get their call?

I will be rolling in with Highlanders Fuicilliers i belive, Cambridge Armoury.

maybe you just had your shit wired. Crazy as it sounds, I've noticed that when you have everything sorted out, things roll a lot more smoothly. And, I've also noticed that the people who do the most complaining about Recruiting, are usually at fault somewhere.

And perhaps, just perhaps, things are getting better.

WebAddict said:
I will be rolling in with Highlanders Fuicilliers i belive, Cambridge Armoury.

I do suggest, however, that you learn the correct spelling of your unit name. - The Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada

http://army.ca/inf/hfc.php
http://www.regiments.org/regiments/na-canada/volmil/on-inf/965RHFC.htm
http://regimentalrogue.com/battlehonours/bathnrinf/14-rhfc.htm

Good luck.

I read once in a report that if your security background is easy to check, you don't have medical problem, there's opening in the job you want, etc, you can be recruited in 30 days. Unfortunately, only 3% of recruits fall in this category.

I belive I fall in that category then.

My Backround is clean. nothing to hide.
No Medical Problems either. :) Dam im lucky i guess.

I was in the same boat you are. No medical problems, physically fit and I'm not a hell razor. Just hope that they don't leave your file in a drawer for a month and forget to process it as what happened to me. Just an idea that was mentioned to me, is to phone maybe once a week to see how far along your file is. Good luck too ya!

Zarathustra said:
I read once in a report that if your security background is easy to check, you don't have medical problem, there's opening in the job you want, etc, you can be recruited in 30 days. Unfortunately, only 3% of recruits fall in this category.

That is also provided that they book all your appts real close.
Each of mine were a month apart, except for the medical and interview which were done the same day.

Mine cannot be a month apart, they told me i will be starting in September (Fall) so, they said i should have everything done by Mid August, or end July. When would I be issued my pack (uniform etc) I know it will be close to Fall, or do I get it at the base on my first day?

WebAddict said:
When would I be issued my pack (uniform etc) I know it will be close to Fall, or do I get it at the base on my first day?

Good question. I'm wondering that too.

WebAddict said:
When would I be issued my pack (uniform etc) I know it will be close to Fall, or do I get it at the base on my first day?

Might as well beat everyone else to the punch...

"Ask your recruiter at your unit".

Cheers
  Tim

WebAddict  what school are you from? I did the same process for CO-OP, however the course doesn't start before February. I might have seing you at the Kitchener armoury when we were given the information about the course. Were you there as well? So your BMQ will start this fall right?

The recruiter I spoke to said I could be on my way to BMQ within 2 months because of the new initiatives for more soldiers.

I handed in my application today so I can only hope. Sounds promising though.

Congrats!

newrecruit said:
  WebAddict  what school are you from? I did the same process for CO-OP, however the course doesn't start before February. I might have seing you at the Kitchener armoury when we were given the information about the course. Were you there as well? So your BMQ will start this fall right?
WebAddict  what school are you from? - St Mary's
Were you there as well?  - Yes
So your BMQ will start this fall right? Yes - In October - still waiting for date.

- I dropped Co-Op :)

Back