• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is China on the right track? ;)

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Yes, this is Chinese military media, so usual "strong central message control" caveats apply, but still ...  Highlights mine.
The Central Military Commission (CMC) has issued a regulation to alleviate burdens on military units at the primary-level caused by bureaucratism and the practice of formalities for formalities' sake, the PLA Daily reported Thursday.

Such burdens were summarized as the "five excesses," which refer to excessive and unnecessary meetings, activities, files/documentations, working groups and inspections.

To address the problems, the regulation specified 20 measures in five aspects to promote reforms and enable the troops to focus on strengthening military training and war preparedness, said the report.

To facilitate the implementation, the CMC General Office will carry out supervision and inspections through spot checks, inquiry letters and summoning, as well as through online submissions via the military information network.

milnews.ca said:
Yes, this is Chinese military media, so usual "strong central message control" caveats apply, but still ...  Highlights mine.

My favourite part is how two of the five excesses are inspections and documentations, to be solved by more inspections and inquiry letters...lol.

Back