• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is blackdown the only camp that does not issuse camp pin?

Jonny Boy

Inactive
Reaction score
When i was away on leadership and challenge this summer it really seemed like every camp in Canada gives there cadets pins expert for blackdown.I am not sure about Vernon though. So is blackdown the only camp that does not issue pins?

I don't think that regular summer training centers should give out pins. It should be for national camps only. Like rocky mountain, Counnaught, and i think Whitehorse.

It sounds to me that those Training centers might be National Training Centers that give out PINS :salute:

no allot of them are just acstc like Argonaut. that camp gives out pins. it is not a National cadet camp

White horse gives their cadets pins, but thats because they have exchange cadets (from England and other such places) come for the CLI Adventure course

ouyin2000 said:
White horse gives their cadets pins, but thats because they have exchange cadets (from England and other such places) come for the CLI Adventure course
I don't believe the Whitehorse pins are authorized for wear on the uniform, although I saw one person wearing theirs.

Blackdown is a national camp. The Pipes and Drums course there is a National Course, and we had people flying in. And in Julliet there is a German exchange. And I believe that the Air Cadet course there is national but I'm not exactly sure.

The Air Cadet Tech Course is national, as is P&D for Air and Sea Cadets (not Army Cadets).   There are several exchanges hosted at Blackdown ... but nothing to do with Juliet Company (the Germans typically go on the FTX with Juliet but thats about it).   So this being said Blackdown is not a national camp for Army Cadets, thus does not qualify for a pin for Army Cadets (as Rocky Mountain and Connaught do).   I don't think Air or Sea Cadets get pins for attending a National Camp.

Personally I think every camp should give out a pin. Connaught is great, my brother adn sister went there 2004 for Basic Marskam and just got a yearbook on cd. it was awesome.

Anyway, I htink every canop should give out a pin because you spend all that time there...

:cdn:

Air cadets do not recieve pins from tech, which is a national course as mentioned.  When i went, I beleive there was 96 from all canada there, if memory serves.  The only pins we can get from summer training that are wearable on the uniform are your wings either glider or power (with power replacing the glider), and space for some reason unknown to me.  All the rest you have to make do with the badges on the arm.  I know that trenton gives out a camp pin as a memory object, which I still have, but not for the uniform. 

Q.Y. RANG said:
Anyway, I htink every canop should give out a pin because you spend all that time there...
Thats what the badge is for, personally I don't think pins should be awarded simply for attending a National CSTC, I realize a course like L&C is difficult to get on ... but courses like Basic Marksman at Connaught don't even compare.

The experience should mean more then a badge or pin.   Staff employment is the longest course you can do (next to Bisley) and there is no Staff Cadet badge or pin (although it is a prerequisite for Master Cadet).

As for Introduction to Aerospace, in 2003 it was changed to a badge instead of a pin.

armygurl_557 said:
Blackdown is a national camp. The Pipes and Drums course there is a National Course, and we had people flying in. And in Juliet there is a German exchange. And I believe that the Air Cadet course there is national but I'm not exactly sure.

blackdown is not a national camp. the pipes and drums there is not a national pipes and drums. it is CL and CLI. rocky mountain is the national pipes and drums. it is not Juliet that has the germans come in it is bravo Adventure. that does not make it a national camp.

Argonaut gives out pins and so does whitehorse

i also think the army cadet camp in valcartier gives out pins. the only course in Canada that you should get a pin for in the rocky mountain and conought

I have never seen any cadet from Valcartier, or Argonaut wearing a camp pin but I could be wrong.   I can see the merit in Rocky Mountain cadets getting the pin, but why Connaught?   The only advanced training done at Connaught is exchanges, bisley, and para, none of which have the cadets stay at Connaught for any long period of time.   I was never issued a Connaught pin when I did my exchange and I really dont feel it was neceessary for me to have one.

Are any cadet pins "authorized" for wear? I have never seen any documentation on this.

WO. McWatt said:
Are any cadet pins "authorized" for wear? I have never seen any documentation on this.
The only pin mentioned in the online CATOs is the Duke of Edinburghs Award pin, however the online dress regs are from 1997 so this policy may have changed on the print copies.

Cadets in my corps wear connaught pins, and shooting pins...

2332Piper said:
Excuse me? The P+D course at Blackdown is NOT a national course. The Basic, CL and CLI P+D are regional affairs at Vernon, Blackdown and Argonaut. There is one national P+D course at Rocky Mountain.

I was just about to post the same thing :p National camps are different from other CSTCs in their mandate for bilingualism (having Francophone companies as I'm sure some one will post is different. Thats done on need rather than through regulation), the budget structure, support from the ACL etc. Plus the foods better.

Ok, having staff Blackdown P&D this past summer let me clairify what was meant.   P&D is a national course offered only at Blackdown for Sea Cadets and I think Air Cadets .... but <b>NOT</b> Army Cadets.   This reason also allowed Air and Sea Cadets to obtain a level 5 at Blackdown but not Army Cadets (as Army Cadets can only obtain a level 5 P&D at Rocky Mountain NACSTC).   This does not necessarily make Blackdown a National training centre, however they do now have Air and Sea cadets from all parts of Canada (Army Cadets are still typically just Central Region).

Alright, where to begin?
1.  Whitehorse is not a national camp, it is regional.
2.  There is no such thing as an authorized "camp pin", pins are given out, but are not to be worn on the uniform, they are souvenirs.(even the banff/RMNACSTC pins)
3.  This CATO was recently changed to include ATC pins, but still no "Camp pins", check it out, the CATOs are online.

Back