• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is April To Late To Apply For The Reserves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggerhappy

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, I have looked all over for an answer on this topic. I turn 16 April 3 and I really want to join the reserve this summer to see if this is what I want to do with my life. My question is, If I apply in April will I be able to go to BMQ and SQ this summer?

triggerhappy said:
Ok, I have looked all over for an answer on this topic. I turn 16 April 3 and I really want to join the reserve this summer to see if this is what I want to do with my life. My question is, If I apply in April will I be able to go to BMQ and SQ this summer?

The best place to have that question answered is your local recruiting centre, or at the recruiting section of the unit that you wish to join.  They will ensure that you will have all of the prerequisites for joining and then also be able to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.  Just remember, because you are under 18, you must have parental consent to join, so you may wish to take mom and/or dad with you when you go to ask your questions.

I would also be interested in knowing the registration deadline to do my basic this summer (reserves)....

One more time for the latest 'new guy' to join in the middle of the conversation that has been going on for a while......Go to the Unit that you intend to join and find out from them when they will be running their courses.......Every Unit has a different Training Schedule. 

We Can NOT tell you what every Unit in Canada's Training Schedules are.

Sorry, but you will have to get up and go down to whatever Unit you are joining, in order to findout that information.

triggerhappy said:

I applied early May 05 and my file wasn't approved until 2 days after the cut off date, long story short I couldn't go to basic and had to wait till the following summer, but it was well worth the wait. The cut off date was about a week or 2 before the bmq course date. The best bet is to apply asap, now since your b-day isn't till mid April that wont work for you. First, if you havn't ran the decision by your folks do it now as you will need their consent to join the reserves. You will need a transcript from your highschool and 2 letters of references, as well as other paper work. Contact your recruiting centre and pick up all the forms necessary and have them completed before your birthday so when you turn 16 you're ready to hand them and don't have to waste a few day or more getting all your paper work ready. Hope that helps; good luck!

SoF said:
I applied early May 05 and my file wasn't approved until 2 days after the cut off date, long story short I couldn't go to basic and had to wait till the following summer, but it was well worth the wait. The cut off date was about a week or 2 before the bmq course date. The best bet is to apply asap, now since your b-day isn't till mid April that wont work for you. First, if you havn't ran the decision by your folks do it now as you will need their consent to join the reserves. You will need a transcript from your highschool and 2 letters of references, as well as other paper work. Contact your recruiting centre and pick up all the forms necessary and have them completed before your birthday so when you turn 16 you're ready to hand them and don't have to waste a few day or more getting all your paper work ready. Hope that helps; good luck!

And all though the question has mostly been answered, I'll add this. The transcript needs to show you have 15 high school credits, and most schools don't make this available until the summer. A lot of us have had to wait that extra year...use it wisely and prepare yourself.

Good luck.

Question answered.....topic locked.

Go to the unit and ask.

If anyone has anything to add....do it in a PM.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back