• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran Super Thread- Merged

The pallets of cash given to Iran was typical of Obama and his policy of appeasement. Why not write a check for whatever amount ? Cash payment as everyone knows leaves no paper trail. Although images of the transfer did leak out. ::)

tomahawk6 said:
The pallets of cash given to Iran was typical of Obama and his policy of appeasement. Why not write a check for whatever amount ? Cash payment as everyone knows leaves no paper trail. Although images of the transfer did leak out. ::)

Did you even read the very article you posted to prove your point?

Treasury Department spokeswoman Dawn Selak said in a statement late Tuesday that the cash payments were necessary because of the “effectiveness of U.S. and international sanctions,” which isolated Iran from the international finance system.

tomahawk6 said:

Ample information about what actually happened has already been offered in this thread- some of it literally by yourself in a link you probably stopped reading after the first paragraph.. At this point, remaining uninformed about the events that actually transpired and why is a conscious choice. You are entitled to your own opinion, but no amount of hating Obama’s approach to Iran entitles you to your own set of facts.

I'm not sure I would "take a Cheque" from a country that had been trying to cripple me financially......to quote a pinball term, "cash on the glass" only.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I'm not sure I would "take a Cheque" from a country that had been trying to cripple me financially......to quote a pinball term, "cash on the glass" only.

From Iran’s standpoint, probably equal parts a matter of principle (getting their money back) and a matter of necessity. And, in fairness, circa 2015 at least showed some modest potential as a period of detente between the US and Iran. If there was a cool bil and a half for them at the same, so much the better. It was, after all, their money in the first place... And not like the US was going to let them apply the credit against new F-35s instead of the F-14s

tomahawk6 said:
Me read what I post ? Color me shocked.

Well you did flavour it as an anti-Obama thing, when in fact the basis of some of the elements of the payments goes back to Reagan, so they encompass Regan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., and at least Obama, and possibly even Trump. 

Good2Golf said:
Well you did flavour it as an anti-Obama thing, when in fact the basis of some of the elements of the payments goes back to Reagan, so they encompass Regan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., and at least Obama, and possibly even Trump.
First PPCLI Guy with the facts, and now you with the nuance/shades of grey/complexity -- c'mon, now, get with the meme amplification program!  ;D

tomahawk6 said:
Iran might need some sanctions relief so they can pay the families of those people onboard the aircraft. The US had to do that after the USN had shot down an Iranian airliner.

I'm still kind of curios about the intel that President Trump got in the first place that launched this shit show.

Jarnhamar said:
I'm still kind of curios about the intel that President Trump got in the first place that launched this crap show.

This is now open source. A special operations team had followed the Quds Force convoy to laze the target vehicle. The Iranians suspect that the itinerary was leaked so they are said to be looking for a mole. The leak could also be on the Iraqi side, but my money is on his cell phone being the source because the after action photos I saw was the cell phone had been in use as it looked to be a flip phone.

the photos were on fox news. The images of the burning bodies were blurred. DEFINITELY NSFW.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-special-operations-forces-soleimani-strike-aftermath-photos

tomahawk6 said:
... A special operations team had followed the Quds Force convoy to laze the target vehicle. The Iranians suspect that the itinerary was leaked so they are said to be looking for a mole ...
... with a bit of help from Israel if you believe NBC News ...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/airport-informants-overhead-drones-how-u-s-killed-soleimani-n1113726

Bold strategy, Cotton (links to IRN media) ...
Iran's Judiciary Chief Seyed Ebrahim Rayeesi said Iran will file a complaint at international courts against US President Donald Trump for violating all international laws by ordering assassination of IRGC Qods Force Commander Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani.

"This issue will certainly be pursued at the Human Rights Headquarters in cooperation with the foreign ministry and other bodies and we should make the US president account for his deeds as the prime suspect and he should face complaint," Rayeesi said, addressing the judiciary officials in Tehran on Monday.

"The complaint will be filed as he stands in power as the US president and after that, and this issue will be pursued and we will not leave him alone and he should be stand at an international tribunal," he added.

General Soleimani was martyred in a targeted assassination attack by the US drones at Baghdad International Airport early on January 3.

The airstrike also martyred Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy commander of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), or Hashad al-Shaabi. The two were martyred in an American airstrike that targeted their vehicle on the road to the airport.

Five Iranian and five Iraqi militaries were martyred by missiles fired by the US drone at Baghdad International Airport.

Trump has said that he ordered a precision strike to "terminate" the Iranian commander.

The attack came amid tensions that started by the US attack on PMF units that killed 28 Iraqi popular forces. A day later, Iraqi people attacked the US embassy in Baghdad ...

started by the US attack on PMF units that killed 28 Iraqi popular forces. A day later, Iraqi people attacked the US embassy in Baghdad ...

The US attack on the PMF outpost was in retaliation for a PMF rocket attack that killed a US contractor late December I believe.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday said Qassem Soleimani was killed as part of a broader strategy of deterring challenges by U.S. foes that also applies to China and Russia, further diluting the assertion that the top Iranian general was struck because he was plotting imminent attacks on U.S. targets.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security-pompeo-soleimani/pompeo-says-soleimani-killing-part-of-new-strategy-to-deter-u-s-foes-idUSKBN1ZC2I3

From the JPost: IRGC commander gunned down as leaving his home.

Iranian commander gunned down in front of his own home

Abdolhossein Mojaddami was gunned down by two gunmen on a motorcycle.

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF  JANUARY 22, 2020 16:17

Iranian Basij forces commander Abdolhossein Mojaddami was gunned down in front of his own home on Wednesday in the Khuzestan province of Iran, news agency IRNA reported.
The Basij forces, one of the five forces of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corp (IRGC), are often used to suppress protests and demonstrations in the Islamic Republic.
He was killed by two men who wore masks and were riding a motorcycle, Iranian media reported.
Iranian security forces are investigating the matter.

The killing could possibly signal that the regime is unable to contain widespread discontent among the Iranian public. Mojaddami's murder follows the assassination of IRGC Quds Force commander Maj.-Gen. Qasem Soleimani earlier this month by US special forces.

Link

More info on the killing of Basij commander. Apparently he was an associate of recently slain Qassem Soleimani.

Masked gunmen assassinate Basij commander in south-west Iran

January 22, 2020 at 12:29 pm | Published in: Iran, Middle East, News

Earlier today, masked gunmen assassinated a local commander of the Basij paramilitary security forces in Iran’s southwestern Khuzestan province in front of his house. Abdolhosein Mojaddami was shot dead by two unknown persons who were riding a motorcycle according to the official IRNA news agency.

Mojaddami, who headed the local Basij force in the town of Darkhoein, was said to be an associate of the recently slain top general Qassem Soleimani. The Basij is a volunteer organisation operating under the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corp (IRGC) and is used for internal security and other tasks such as clamping down against dissent.

A senior Basij militia commander was assassinated by unknown parties in the city of Shadegan in Iran's Khuzestan Province. pic.twitter.com/GgKRLVMtsy

— Evan Kohlmann (@IntelTweet) January 22, 2020

According to Iranian media, no one has yet claimed responsibility for the assassination nor has a motive been established. There is however speculation that terrorist organisations such as the Arab Struggle Movement for the Liberation of Ahvaz (ASMLA), which has conducted terrorist attacks in the past such as the 2018 attack on a military parade in the same region and whom the Iranian government accuses of receiving foreign support, may be behind the attack.

Link

tomahawk6 said:
This is now open source. A special operations team had followed the Quds Force convoy to laze the target vehicle. The Iranians suspect that the itinerary was leaked so they are said to be looking for a mole. The leak could also be on the Iraqi side, but my money is on his cell phone being the source because the after action photos I saw was the cell phone had been in use as it looked to be a flip phone.

Start a leak that it was information obtained from a Senior Qud member, hopefully they start to eat their own. the British did this to good effect in the Malay Campaign, with CT's killing each other off to eliminate moles. 

Start a leak that it was information obtained from a Senior Qud member, hopefully they start to eat their own. the British did this to good effect in the Malay Campaign, with CT's killing each other off to eliminate moles.
A similar approach worked in NI with the various paramilitary organizaitons there. I credit the intelligence agencies for saving lives, during one particular tour, because the bad guys were busy hammering each other ;)

Actually this ship was newer than our AOR`s

2021-06-02T102502Z_1281378539_RC29SN9RVA5E_RTRMADP_3_IRAN-NAVY-FIRE.jpg

Back