• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran Super Thread- Merged

Certainly one of their courts, the question is why didn't the arresting vessel state that early on and is their evidence of a collision on the vessel. should be easy to determine.

The thin line between bravery and foolishness.

A heroine.

Iranian woman jailed for not wearing headscarf defies morality police once again​

Nazila Maroufian poses without a hijab immediately after being released from prison

ByAbbie Cheeseman18 August 2023 • 3:12pm

Nazila Maroufian

Nazila Maroufian was initially imprisoned last year for reporting on the nationwide protests after the death of Mahsa Amini CREDIT: Nazila Maroufian
An Iranian woman who was jailed after posing without a hijab has shared another picture of herself not wearing a headscarf immediately after being released from prison.
Nazila Maroufian, a 23-year-old journalist, was initially imprisoned last year for reporting on the nationwide protests that engulfed Iran after the death of Mahsa Amini in police custody.
She was released on bail in January but rearrested in July, as authorities cracked down on dissent ahead of next month’s anniversary of Amini’s death.
Amini was detained for allegedly violating the mandatory hijab rule, which applies to all women and girls over the age of nine.
Ms Maroufian walked out of prison for a second time following a month behind bars on Sunday.
She almost immediately posted a picture of herself on social media without a headscarf and the slogan “Don’t accept slavery, you deserve the best!”
Ms Maroufian was promptly detained again afterwards.

After her release from prison on Sunday, Ms Maroufian posted a picture of herself without a headscarf on social media CREDIT: Nazila Maroufian
After her third release on Wednesday – following a stint in the Qarchak women’s prison – she shared an almost identical photograph of her clutching flowers and proudly holding her hand in a “V for victory” pose in the air.
“Do you regret the photo you posted during your freedom? Do you admit that you were wrong?” she captioned the accompanying social media post. “No; I have not done anything wrong,” the post continued.
Last October, Ms Maroufian published an interview on the Mostaghel Online news site with Amjad Amini, the father of 22-year-old Mahsa.
In the interview, Mr Amini accused the Iranian authorities of lying about his daughter’s death, which they claimed, at first, was due to a pre-existing condition and not as a result of beatings from police.
Ms Maroufian, a Tehran-based journalist from Amini’s hometown of Saqez, in Kurdistan province, was arrested the following month.
In January, she said she had been sentenced to two years in jail, suspended for five years, and had received a fine and a travel ban on charges of propaganda against the system and spreading fake news.
Her latest release came as increasing numbers of women across Iran defy the country’s strict dress laws, forcing authorities to redeploy the widely-feared morality police and resort to increasingly draconian measures in a bid to maintain the headscarf rule.

A double bombing in Iran among a crowd marking the anniversary of the death of Qasem Soleimani killed at least 84 and injured another 284. There is confusion who is behind the bombing. Iran blames the "zionists" and of course threatens retaliation but ISIS has now claimed responsibility.

I guess this is a case of "the enemy of my enemy...is still my enemy"

A double bombing in Iran among a crowd marking the anniversary of the death of Qasem Soleimani killed at least 84 and injured another 284. There is confusion who is behind the bombing. Iran blames the "zionists" and of course threatens retaliation but ISIS has now claimed responsibility.

I guess this is a case of "the enemy of my enemy...is still my enemy"

It has always been a multifaceted struggle.

Sunni vs Shia at the Battle of the Camel
Trinitarian Christians vs Nestorian and Arian Christians, Jews and Sunni Rashidun Muslims.

An awesome Iranian own goal...

Back