• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ipperwash Army Cadet Camp Reunion

John Nayduk

Inactive
Reaction score
I‘ve heard rumor that there was a reunion planned for this summer. Has it happened? If not, what are the dates? I was there during the summers of 1977 C Coy) 1978 (H Coy) and 1979 (Cadet call-out, worked as range staff).

Hi John

hope we can find more cadets from our time, my dates for Ipperwash

76 I Coy  Junior Cadet (last 2 weeks of camp)
77 C Coy  Cadet Leader ( Feux de joie)
78 H Coy  Cadet Leader Instructor (8 platoon)

80 Cpl Range
81 Sgt Outward Bound

Also looking for pics of this time. I have several, also several min movie from I coy and Feux de joie

Oliver Baldes now Doukhin (took my wife's name)  748 GGHG  Markham

PS (love those Denison girls !!)

My DAd went to Ipperwash in the 70s. He was on the 74, and 75 Cadet Bisley Team, so I'd imagine his Basic, and "CL" Type course were probably in '72 and '73. Until the Indians took it over.......What a waste of a Beautiful Camp.

CF_Lifer said:
My DAd went to Ipperwash in the 70s. He was on the 74, and 75 Cadet Bisley Team, so I'd imagine his Basic, and "CL" Type course were probably in '72 and '73. Until the Indians took it over.......What a waste of a Beautiful Camp.
What the hell does that mean? :mad:

The indians took it over in 93 my man, I was there on CLI.

I Never Said it was taken away in '72, it was "Given Back to the Natives" in '93. Yeah...right...given back. And what did the natives do to it? Tore all the buildings apart, and used the pieces for firewood. Maybe there'll be an accident with some buried ordnance sometime.....

No more of this crap! Put it back on track now. The question was if there was going to be a reunion.

Well it was to happen last year held here in Blackdown.  But @ $150.00 for 2 days was a bit to much. :cdn:

OK, lets cut to the chase.  this summer is almost done, well never organize a reunion quick enough for it to be a success. I'll look into this field for next summer, and lets see what happens. Hopefully we can get to gether and spend a weekend for a donation, not a large price.  what do you think?  ill reply by 09/15/05. :cdn:

Ipperwash can be found here lets start now

http://www.danphilp.ca/iaa/

would love to see an ipperwash reunion someday. I was there in 80-81 then i did outward bound in 82 up near kapuskasing....anyone here remember that? as for the ipperwash reunion ...it would be great to go back but we'd have to have it somewhere else.  would like to help in the planning in any possible way .

my girlfriend said...you're a very fine feller...so she took me down..into her cellar...she fed me wine..and whiskey to...and she let me have a crack...at her ringer ranger roo ;) :mg: :mg:
                                                                                  1981 Bravo coy  2 platoon
                                                                                          John Purdy  aka  "Chief"

Hi algonquinreg

I would have had you guys out in the field at Ipperwash. I was SGT call out where you guys were doing Camouflage, some sneaking up on the mg and simple bush craft. Other callouts out there were Cpl Abrams and Cpl Sugars. I wonder if you have any pics from that summer.

... her mother said you filthy b* you've gone and lost your virginship. So pack your bags and your Kleenex (censored  version for MTV) too and go to Grand Bend to become a ...

Oli (GGHG)
Mainz Germany

Back