• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

iOS 5

http://news.cnet.com/

If you do a search within the site for iOS 5 you come up with some helpful posts for setting up, and how to's

Thanks for the link.

All the articles regarding iOS 5 issues seem to be minor, most are typical iOS update errors that can occur to anyone during any update, even a very minor one.  I myself had issues over the summer with an update that "bricked" my phone... Until the wife fired up the Google machine and found the fix.  NBD really.

The link provided reviews and overviews for iOS 5 as well, suggest people look at those as well.

Check this link for a guide to iOS 5's new features.

Check this link for a review of iOS 5.

In case your wondering... Yes, I am at work right now.  Yes, it is a 24 hour duty.  Yes, I am bored out of my mind.  Yes, I am sitting here refreshing Army.ca every 20 seconds looking for responses to posts I've made.

Most of the issues I'd read about had to do with everyone updating to iOS 5 at the same time slowing down downloads from servers, therefore issues. I did mine and the wife's a couple days ago, with no issues on either.

How do you invite other people to calendar events? That one sounds nifty.

Starting the update now...let you know how it goes.

Beadwindow 7 said:
Most of the issues I'd read about had to do with everyone updating to iOS 5 at the same time slowing down downloads from servers, therefore issues. I did mine and the wife's a couple days ago, with no issues on either.

How do you invite other people to calendar events? That one sounds nifty.

Create a calendar event and the option of "invitees" appears, you can invite people there. 

*Disclaimer:  Only works if you have the invitees AppleiD email address.

Well, iTunes just fucked my iPhone 3GS, on a Saturday night a zillion miles from home...FML

Kat Stevens said:
Well, iTunes just ****ed my iPhone 3GS, on a Saturday night a zillion miles from home...FML

Anyone's Grunt said:
...I myself had issues over the summer with an update that "bricked" my phone... Until the wife fired up the Google machine and found the fix...

Remember, Google is your friend.

That's very helpful, but iTunes tells me I don't have a SIM card installed, and my phone won't find a signal, so it's not going anywhere.

Kat Stevens said:
That's very helpful, but iTunes tells me I don't have a SIM card installed, and my phone won't find a signal, so it's not going anywhere.

Try looking through these.

Back