• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Invasion Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperTrooper

Inactive
Reaction score
While sitting in the dentist's office waiting for the wife and realizing that there are no hot secretaries, I found a MacLeans magazine tucked under the cushion of the couch.
After skimming through and finding no pictures of naked tribe women from africa,
I found an interesting article that an author wrote about Canada being invaded in the future.
Following points that I remember;

Canada will be invaded by china, Russia, India or the U.S

If Canada was to be invaded, would the U.S help

If it was the US, how would the world react

Who would come to our aid and who would allie with the US

US wouldn't invade due to the fact that it would cost to much and it's easier to bombard us with mindless US TV that we would eventually assimilate, due to the fact the we think short term and they think long term

Our resources will be fought over due to shortages, also the fact that the invasion would be easy for the size of our army compared to land mass

invasion will happen in 2050 give or take
( I'll be 76 and armed with a scoped slingshot if legal by then)

So my question, who would come to our aid and who would be the allie of the invader(s)
and by then as most of us will be into our 60 - 70's, would you join in the fight?
:warstory:

SuperTrooper said:
So my question, who would come to our aid and who would be the allie of the invader(s)
and by then as most of us will be into our 60 - 70's, would you join in the fight?
:warstory:

May as well fight, im at the end of my rope anyways.  ;D

well here is a plan the Americans had to invade Canada in case of war with Britain in the 1920's and 30's.

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mcanadawar.html

But all jokes aside...

"Of all of the world’s resources, none is more likely to provoke conflict between nations in this new century than oil and water."
http://www.financialsense.com/series3/intro.htm

" “If the wars of this century were fought over oil, the wars of the next century will be fought over water.” Ismail Serageldin, an eminent Egyptian architect and planner, made this remark in 1995 when he was vice president for sustainable development at the World Bank."
http://www.panos.org.uk/newsfeatures/featureprintable.asp?id=1091

" 'Canada has probably one of the largest resources of fresh water in the world,' the former U.S. ambassador said during a debate on Canada-U.S. relations."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/year_water_for_sale

There are tons of articles and essays on the topic - not necessarily that Canada will be invaded, but that wars over water will happen and how Canada is a major player in the world water market. This is a serious issue, but of course nobody will pay much attention because hey look, the dollar is up, let's go shopping! But then again, we're all gonna be old, so what better way to die than to see the world go with us.

We'll trade you some of our nice, cool fresh water, if you want to give us some of your sludgy black oil?

Whadd'ya say Saudi Arabia??

Don't we have the second largest oil reserve in the world, behind only Saudi Arabia? If I'm right, then who the heck cares, we got both.....

Well, I'm not so sure the U.S. would be quick to jump on us, we're each other largest trading partners, but that could change quickly, or slowly over time.

I'm not sure how NATO would react to a U.S. invasion of Canada, but correct me if I'm wrong, one NATO member nation attacking another is a no-no.

I really don't think anyone can accurately predict who's going to be invading who in the coming years, there's just too many variables to consider, in 50 or so years, technology advances may eliminate energy and water shortages for good, you just never know.

My $0.02

As Conquistador pointed out, technology is likely to change the energy and water situation.  Political realities will also play a part.

I personally think Canada is more likely to balkanize itself than to be invaded by any other country.

Imagine the syllabus of a history class, Yellowknife State College, circa 2055

- HIST 203, CANADA IN OUR TIME, Professor Sidney J. Dullard, Spring, 2055, 1:00-3:00, MWF.

- A brief overview of the breakup of old Canada, with emphasis on the political, social and environmental impacts.
- Students will be introduced to the general socio-political situation that led to the formation of the independent countries of Pacifica, the Yukon/Nunavat Confederacy, Liberando on the Hudson, New France, and Maritime.
- Particular emphasis will be placed on the events leading to creation of the city-state of Calgary and the Duchy of Toronto.
- The class will also focus on the current border conflict between New France and Maritime.

:blotto:
Jim

baseballinahat said:
At that point China will be our closest trade partner. And the US would be cranky that they are not the leaders of the world anymore. So China would come to our aid. I wouldnt fight, I would submit to the American women forced to fight in that war when they rape and pillage me.

i dont mean to feed the trolls but you need you head space and timing checked !!

Locked for being dragged down a path through the forest of stupidity.

baseballinahat, PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back