• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview questions

Muratori

Inactive
Reaction score
I have my interview next week for the reg force , just wondering some of the questions they will ask. Also is casual wear acceptable, Lastly what is the time between the interview and starting basic training. They had told me it was basically a meet and greet since I had done an interview for the reserves but then transferred. Thanks guys appreciate it

Are you headed to Hamilton on tuesday? Cause that's where I am. I downloaded a bunch of practice questions off their site I think. Was watching Basic Up and heard a few more. They told me dress shirt and tie, gotta buy those tomorrow.

remember to Breathe, 1 guy here in Halifax came out whiter than Casper after his interview. clean and press your best dress clothes (no jeans or tshirts) get a nice crew cut - they love to see a guy with short hair, shave - if you look like a mountain man. have all your paperwork ready if required (take your Sin, birth cert, diplomas and transcripts for high school and/or college/university. If you have to feed a meter pay for at least 4 hours (i paid for 3 and came out to a 50 dollar fine) 

marinemech said:
remember to Breathe, 1 guy here in Halifax came out whiter than Casper after his interview. clean and press your best dress clothes (no jeans or tshirts) get a nice crew cut - they love to see a guy with short hair, shave - if you look like a mountain man. have all your paperwork ready if required (take your Sin, birth cert, diplomas and transcripts for high school and/or college/university. If you have to feed a meter pay for at least 4 hours (i paid for 3 and came out to a 50 dollar fine)

Haha, you couldn't find a spot in the parking lot? Should have parked in the sobeys lot! :p But, for real, just relax. It's pretty laid back and explain your reasonings.

Hattie56 said:
Haha, you couldn't find a spot in the parking lot? Should have parked in the sobeys lot! :p But, for real, just relax. It's pretty laid back and explain your reasonings.

no i found a spot near the RC, but it was one of those days that they were enforcing the 2 Hr rule, i beat it as i had documentation

on a side note, you were in Halifax on the 10th?  what time did you finally get out for myself, i was not out and onto the bridge Dartmouth bound till about 1ish

marinemech said:
no i found a spot near the RC, but it was one of those days that they were enforcing the 2 Hr rule, i beat it as i had documentation

on a side note, you were in Halifax on the 10th?  what time did you finally get out for myself, i was not out and onto the bridge Dartmouth bound till about 1ish

I do believe it was approx. 1400. CFAT was at 800, interview was at 1030, and medical at 1300.

mine was pretty much 0815-1030 was the medical, and the interview was 1030-1300, did not need to do the CFAT since i did it last year

Just finished my interview yesterday, wow, it was so easy. Dont know why I was so worried. Now the medical requirements are kicking my ass though :'(

the key points people forget in a interview is 1. Breathe, 2. be Truthful, 3. Ask questions as these folks have years if not decades of experience

marinemech said:
3. Ask questions as these folks have years if not decades of experience

Great point. I had a three hour wait between my medical and my interview which I spent just speaking with the sergeant running the font desk. I learned more from him than I ever did from the recruiting website.

I work for a GM dealer currently, and we have a high number of CF members, I have had the opportunity to speak with a few of them while servicing their vehicle, some tried to get me to change over to Air Force..

Back