• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interesting read...#'s of Soldiers in Iraq-Article

Tyrnagog

Inactive
Reaction score
I got the following from an MSNBC article infographic (article is  here )

Countries which have provided military support to Iraq

United States 130,000  

Britain 12,000
Albania 70
Australia 1,000
Azerbaijan 150
Bulgaria 470
Czech Rep. 92
Denmark 496
Dominican Rep. 300
El Salvador 360
Estonia 55
Georgia 70
Honduras 370
Hungary 300
Italy 3,000
Japan 250 (750 on the way)
Kazakhstan 25
Latvia 120
Lithuania 105
Macedonia 28
Moldova 25
Mongolia 180
Netherlands 1,100
New Zealand 60
Nicaragua 230
Norway 150
Philippines 95 (175 on the way)
Poland 2,400
Portugal 130
Romania 400
Singapore 200
Slovakia 69 (120 on the way)
South Korea 675 (3,000 on the way)
Spain 1,300
Thailand 443 (30 on the way)
Ukraine 2,000
Now, if the Dominican Republic can provide troops to Iraq, if Estonia and Latvia can, heck, if Moldova can send 25 troops to Iraq for Military Support, why can't Canada?

Am I being naive here?  Our PM said we can't afford it, but how much would it reasonably cost to send even a token force?

(edited for clarity)

I‘ll tell you how much it would cost. It would cost them (Liberals) the only thing that they really care about. The one thing that they truly understand and what drives them, what lays behind their every decision, and clever little soundbite.

It would cost them the next election. Nothing could be more dear to them. Not money, not soldier‘s lives or believing in what is the right thing to do.

Originally posted by Marcus OGorman:
[qb]It would cost them the next election. Nothing could be more dear to them. Not money, not soldier‘s lives or believing in what is the right thing to do. [/qb]
Marcus

That kind of clear thinking has NO place in modern Canadian society. We must be politically correct to those who would kill us and our entire nation and replace it with a hardline religious society.

(stops to stick head in toilet and throws up repeatedly!)

I mean, come on man, the government care about the plight of the Irqis and all the other psudo-terrorist nations don‘t they?!( runs out of sarcasm and stops to get strength back!)

Yours...truley...

...Slim :blotto:

The Canadian bureaucrats are only following our Foreign Policy. It only mentions protecting people from an armed conflict, or supporting Peace Operations (Peacekeeping). There is no mention of suppressing rogue states. There was never enough evidence to declare Iraq a terrorist State, therefor, being bound by our foreign policy we are not able join the "Coalition of the Willing". Take a look

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/foreign_policy/menu-en.asp

Even the UN is only looking at helping with the hand over to the Iraq people. They aren‘t looking at a UN force.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/infocusRel.asp?infocusID=50&Body=Iraq&Body1=inspect

Canada could be a security element for the UN that's how we are able to contribute.

:soldier:

Did I hear you right when you said Cdn beaurocrats are following foreign policy? It‘s the other way around I would think. They make the policy, it doesn‘t dictate them.. It ain‘t our policy. If policy was ours then there would never be gay marriages, these friggin foolish gun laws, legalized pot, youth laws and slack prison time for bad people. But anywayS, bad grammar was never targeted. After the UN skiddadled and left the US and Allies alone in Iraq I have very little patience for the pathetic excuses they use.

I think the US would rather see a small Btl Gp right now than a Btl Gp (+) in the 3 yrs (+) that it would take the UN to get there.

Just to update your list, you can scratch off the countries:
Spain
Honduras

And within a couple weeks:
Dominican Republic

Wonder how many more countries are going to pull out?

the canadian government just doesnt want to ddig them selves in deeper as a terrorist target, they are trying to avoid a future attack

Looks like Poland is considering pulling out.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4772292/

Back