• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Inova T2 Flashlight

kyleg

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Do any of you have any experience with Inova's tactical line of LED flashlights? I'm looking at the T2 specifically, and from what I can tell it looks pretty decent. I own one of their little keychain lights, and it has never let me down.

Here's a link to their site: http://www.inovalight.com/

Cheers,
Pinky

I have a green 24/7 LED Light from Inova. That a good light, with lots of function. The only problem is that the clip that keep the light is not very reliable.

I own the XO light.Solid,dependable and very bright.Well worth the 60 bucks I paid for it a year ago,and with the supplied batteries still kickin.

I have an "Inova T2" LED tactical light on my AR-15 Shorty.  It is 40 lums, a good general LED light, 25mm in Dia and fits is a standard 1" scope ring.  It is an inexpensive light and can be used for many different applications:

f33c593b.jpg

Don't mind the Yellow Plastic.... that is my Politically Correct "Killer Bee"  not a scrary evil black gun.

Cheers
Pop

Thanks a lot guys, your replies helped a lot. One question about the switch though: it says on the site that you can "press for momentary on or click for constant on/off." I can pretty much imagine what they mean, but do you find this method to be practical?

Cheers,
Pinky.

The switch has a few functions:

1.  Twist the botton (out) a half a turn and there is no way the light can turn on accidentally or at all;

2.  Twist the bottom (in) and the bulb on the very back is your switch;

3.  Press the bulb lightly and it acts as a momentary switch;

4.  Press it in until it clicks and it locks on... press to click again to turn off.

Cheers
Pop

Ah, ok, that's a cool idea. Do you like it though? More specifically, is the "momentary on" function practical? Also, does the bottom unscrew completely or does it "lock" in the "turned off" mode? In other words, if you unscrew it so it can't turn on is there a danger of the back loosening even more and falling off?

Cheers,
Pinky

Pte.Pinky said:
More specifically, is the "momentary on" function practical?
Yes it is, there are times when you only want to momentarily light a target... not lock it onto a target.  The longer you leave your own light on... the better the target you make.

If you unscrew the bottom enough, it open to access the batteries, and there is not danger of it falling off.

Cheers
Pops

Hello ....ironic as it is i purchased a t3 about a week ago. I have a streamlight scorpion as well ....T3 is a much more robust light and a side by side comparison of light quality is pretty dramatic. The scorpions light is kinda yellowish and the t3 is a whitish blue, i realise that they both use two different bulbs. Also the T3 is really solid if it had striker teeth on bezel or tail cap like some surefires it  be right at home as a impact device. I would nt hesitate on recommending the T3....I paid 100$ (can funds) for a T3, maxpedition case and 12 6v replacement batteries. Id say thats a good deal on a rock solid  piece of gear. ;D

Thanks a lot gottyfunk, that was exactly the no-bs kind of answer I was looking for (not to say that the other replies were no good. So far every post in this thread has helped me out).

How do you feel about the size of the T3? After seeing the pic of the T2 on popurhedoff's rifle I realized just how big it is.

Cheers,
Pinky

I have the T2 for work for about 6 months now.  Have never changed the battery yet.  Use it everynight quite often, because I work Security (Night shift).  I have no complaints about the T2.  Compared to a xenon of the same lumen's if looks brighter, because the light is white, instead of an amber colour.  The beam of the T2 is a perfect circle, with no dark spots.  The battery lasts 5 hours and 40 lumen's is plenty for general work, or momentary blinding (As I know from personal experience.  Let my friend see it at work, and I was seeing a big blue dot for about 10 minutes). 

The only problem I have had with it is two times in the last 6 months is when I went to flash it in a room, it didn't work, and I had to press it again in order for it to come on.  That happened only twice.  The other problem is that it is perfectly round.  So a few times when I have set it down on the table it has rolled off.  Usually rolled off on to a concrete floor, and still has no damage. 

Something else that might be a problem is that since it is a bright 40 lumen's of white light, when working with it in the dark on something close up, the spot is quite bright on your eyes.

Surefire is amazing, but the T2 I like much better for general use.  Batteries last longer.

Robert

I also have a expandable baton that i carry and the T3 is lighter but almost same length , which is about 6 inches long. I was a little afraid of dropping the T3 but it survived , size wise thou its like a beefed up mag lite. Of course the lithium batteries are larger than aa so its a bit fatter, but when i was looking at lights i wanted most light output for $ and if you compare surefires leds to inovas you can see why i purchased the T3.   

Thanks a lot guys, you've all been really helpful. I actually just ordered an X1 for about half the price of a T2, partly because it takes AA batts, but mostly because I can't justify soending much more than that on a flashlight as a reservist. It's got all the features I've been looking for, and, quite frankly, I think Inova over-priced the T-series lights a bit just because they call the tactical. But hey, I could be wrong.

Your advice still helped my decision though, since you all seem to be happy with your Inova lights. I'll let you know how the X1 fares once it arrives.

Cheers,
Pinky

Back