• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Innovative way to stop Bullies!!!

hoist-monkey

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Search/858884.html

Read this today at work, and I am sure the parents of these two are very proud.
It takes a special kind of person to stand up to a bully without resorting to violence.
I hope other students across Canada take note of these two young mens actions and instead
of using physical violence against bullies just shame them.

Maybe it should be reversed and know bullies should be wearing bright pink to identify them?

Just recently being out of any school system, I can honestly say that this is the best evidence of school bullying and students getting fed up with having to "deal" with it. I applaud these students and I wish there were more of this type in our school systems instead of the bullies.

The CBC evening news carried this story the other day and I was quite impressed. Great idea to deal with bullies.

I taught Junior High for 10 years under a variety of principals.  Even the best administrators and teachers can only fix a bullying problem to a certain degree.  Punishment from the adults doesn't very often "stop" the bullying, it merely moves it off of school property.  Parents of bullies are often bullies themselves and don't participate in stopping the bullying.

It is only when the "bystanders" (the kids who wore the pink shirts) stand up and say "NO" that the bullies lose their power.  Most bullies have a following of sheep that don't actively partcipate in the bullying, but are silently allowing it to happen.  That's the bully's power.  Most students (80%?? I don't have a statistic, but it's high) are neither bullied nor bullies.  Those are the ones that are key to solving the bullying problem. 

There is a really good book by Barbara Coloroso - "The Bully, the Bullied and the Bystander" that talks about this way of solving the bullying epidemic.  A must read for all parents, not just parents of victims and bullies.

Back