• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

injury, what should i do?

Romulus

Inactive
Reaction score
So I slipped playin hockey and ive got a small fracture in my collar bone. I droped in my application 11 days ago. now im wondering if I should just put the whole thing off. The doctor says 6 weeks and i'll be 100%(but im real young'n healthy so I'd say 5  8)) but I'm worried that i'll be in BMQ before then. Anyone who's got advice or some input on the time period between application and enrollment please post.

Just to clarify..you dropped off you application, but haven't done the CFAT etc yet?  5 weeks is being pretty optimistic for a BMQ start in that case, but that's another story.  When you have your medical, and you tell them about your accident (I knew you were going to of course) they will advise you from there.

haha, ofcourse i was going to tell them >:D, thanks for the info. if im 100% when i take my medical i'll mention all the bones ive broken in the past, if not i'll take their advice. If i need to heal i need to heal. I dont really care how long it take to get in as long as i get there.

There's a running joke in orthopedics that states that as long as both ends of a broken collar bone are in the same room the bone will heal. Get well, and if your medical arrives before you are fully healed, disclose the injury. You will get a much better result on your medical by doing so. In addition, if you ensure you are healed before heading off for BMQ, then you reduce the risk of further injury while under training. It is better to defer your enrolment for a couple of months, than to go through months of not training due to injury... only to risk release.

Back