• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Injured Canadian soldier flown to Germany after roadside bomb attack

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Injured Canadian soldier flown to Germany after roadside bomb attack
Last Updated: Monday, March 31, 2008
Article Link

An injured Canadian soldier is being treated at a military hospital in Germany after his armoured vehicle drove over a roadside bomb outside Kandahar city in southern Afghanistan, the military said Monday.

The incident occurred Saturday afternoon in Nalgham in the Zhari district about 55 kilometres southwest of Kandahar.

The soldier, whose name, unit and home base weren't disclosed, was initially assessed to be in fair condition. Following treatment at the medical facility at Kandahar airfield, he was flown to the U.S. military hospital in Landstuhl, Germany, the military said.

He is currently in the intensive care unit in serious but stable condition, and his family has been notified.

He and other Canadian soldiers were taking part in Operation Mulki Azad, an Afghan National Security Forces operation supported by the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force. The aim of the mission was to disrupt insurgent activities in the region and establish a permanent coalition presence in the area, the Canadian military said.
More on link

Here's wishing for the soldier to fully recover!
:cdn:

Get well!

Rest now
Come back to us Hale and Hearty

CHIMO!

Good to hear that his condition is stable, if serious. I wish him all the best!  :cdn:

Has nayone heard any news report as to the identity of the soldier? I am NOT asking for rumours, or info I shouldn't have. I am very curious, as members of my unit are there right now. O have checked CBC and CTV websites, and I have found nothing but the original post on the CBC website. SO, if anyone has heard a LEGALLY PUBLISHED report, please let us all know.

My hopes and prayers to a speedy recovery for this brave soldier.

If the identity of the injured solider is released to the press that information will be made available to the public, usually on the main www.forces.gc.ca website.  However, the soldier or his/her family may wish to keep the name private.

I would hazard a guess that if it were a member from your unit you would have heard about it by now. But I hope anyone "in the know" wouldn't post anything on the Internet.

dapaterson said:
If the identity of the injured solider is released to the press that information will be made available to the public, usually on the main www.forces.gc.ca website.  However, the soldier or his/her family may wish to keep the name private.

I would hazard a guess that if it were a member from your unit you would have heard about it by now. But I hope anyone "in the know" wouldn't post anything on the Internet.

I am on spring break leave right now, and therefore any news coming into the unit, I would not hear. As I mentioned, I do NOT want any info posted unless it is allowed to be posted. Even if you yourself know, I would not ask you to tell me, unless it was allowed to be told. I was just wondering if anyone else has found any allowable disclosed info.

Kilroy said:
I am on spring break leave right now, and therefore any news coming into the unit, I would not hear. As I mentioned, I do NOT want any info posted unless it is allowed to be posted. Even if you yourself know, I would not ask you to tell me, unless it was allowed to be told. I was just wondering if anyone else has found any allowable disclosed info.

No worries,

We try to keep that as a rule here.

We will monitor things to make sure all is on the up and up.

dileas

tess

Back