• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry.....what Do You like About it? And what is your weapon of choice?

• Thread starter newfoundlander
  • Start date
I have to say, i've come to love the C6. The first time you lift it up off the ground, and that weight you feel just screams power and godliness.(However, after a lot of walking with said weight isn't so fun! :) )
The simple look to it is lovely. Not to mention, the LCF when you're walking around with it ;D

Other then that, it's even sexier with the SF kit. I just finished the "test" portion of my DP2a, and i am looking forward to the week of shooting.

In other words, the C6 just fills that little dark void in the deepest part of my soul with divine light.

Gotta go with C7 A2 just because im a lefty and the A2 is ampidextrious

You know, most lefties I know hate the ambidexterous functions on the A2. They started shooting on the C7A1 and either learned to shoot right handed from get-go or learned to manipulate the controls with the opposite hand.  As far as they're concerned the A2 solved a problem that really wasn't an issue, but picked up the nasty habit of ejecting mags at the worst time possible. :p

The best rifles in my coy were the C8FTHBs. 16" barrel with no ambi selector or mag release. ;D

Wonderbread said:
You know, most lefties I know hate the ambidexterous functions on the A2. They started shooting on the C7A1 and either learned to shoot right handed from get-go or learned to manipulate the controls with the opposite hand.  As far as they're concerned the A2 solved a problem that really wasn't an issue, but picked up the nasty habit of ejecting mags at the worst time possible. :p

The best rifles in my coy were the C8FTHBs. 16" barrel with no ambi selector or mag release. ;D

At 16 mate, I don't this boy has got much trigger time, and got the info thru here-say or a website. The A2  is poorly balanced, with the telescopic butt and the longer generic 508mm bbl. With optics and a RAS, it must be a shocker.
A
ll the other add ons are crap. with the rifle in service for almost 44 years, yes since 1965, it has truly evolved, but the latest mods are more of a liability than an asset. In my view, 31 yrs as an armourer. Funky mag releases and charging handles do not go well in the real world.

Cheers,

Wes

I like the guys you are constantly around, also the humor is a big part of myself enjoying the military, and Infantry especially.

C7A1 would be my weapon of choice, having touched only the C9, C6, and C7 (CarlG, 'nades, and M72 not counting)

Joonrooj said:
I like the guys you are constantly around, also the humor is a big part of myself enjoying the military, and Infantry especially.

C7A1 would be my weapon of choice, having touched only the C9, C6, and C7 (CarlG, 'nades, and M72 not counting)

if you run into Beer Box at the Mess, tell him wes says hi.

WestCoastWarrior said:
I have to say, i've come to love the C6. The first time you lift it up off the ground, and that weight you feel just screams power and godliness.(However, after a lot of walking with said weight isn't so fun! :) )
The simple look to it is lovely. Not to mention, the LCF when you're walking around with it ;D

Other then that, it's even sexier with the SF kit. I just finished the "test" portion of my DP2a, and i am looking forward to the week of shooting.

In other words, the C6 just fills that little dark void in the deepest part of my soul with divine light.

Oh trust me, if you ever get deployed to afghanistan, you'll fear the word "your carrying the 6 for our dismounted patrol"

When_in_doubt_rack_out said:
Oh trust me, if you ever get deployed to afghanistan, you'll fear the word "your carrying the 6 for our dismounted patrol"

Haha, i bet i will ;D
Hopefully i'll get out there in 09.

As i said, everything except the carrying(at long intervals) is awesome.

Oh Trust me,

The Taliban fear you carrying the C6 a hell of a lot more then you fear carrying the C6. No better way to send the hate. >:D

Just keep your head down. ;)

Regarding the employment of machine guns:
Happiness is sited in defilade to provide enfilade fire. That's the bottom line with the C6 and .50 HMG.

OldSolduer said:
Regarding the employment of machine guns:
Happiness is sited in defilade to provide enfilade fire. That's the bottom line with the C6 and .50 HMG.

Short and sweet.

Wonderbread said:

Amen to that.
I still prefer the m203 myself.
All the abilities of a rifleman plus, you can explode people should you feel so inclined or the situation demand.

Back