• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan0455

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard some rumors that the infantry soldier position is full and that it will be very hard to get in.... Is this true? and if so when will they be hiring again? I am 16 now and i want to join either after grade 10 or maybe graduate first, so i do have some time to wait.

Though I'm not in the military yet, I would suggest that you finish highschool before you join so that you have a backup plan if you decide to quit the CF.  :cdn: :nod:

Dylan0455 said:
I heard some rumors that the infantry soldier position is full and that it will be very hard to get in.... Is this true? and if so when will they be hiring again? I am 16 now and i want to join either after grade 10 or maybe graduate first, so i do have some time to wait.

I believe the search feature on the website could help you with your question.

Anyways, very few spots opened up for Infantry this year as it's basically full up on staff. There's absolutely NO way to tell when they'll be hiring again or taking new applicants for the trade itself.

I would highly encourage you to finish High School before you apply instead of just finishing grade 10. You'll be one step ahead of other applicants this way. Also... A High School diploma is nice to have.

Do your best in school (don't slack off), do some extracurricular activities, get your diploma, then apply.

Good luck.

It would appear that it is full for this fiscal year. Definitely finish up high school. Good to have your diploma, you will mature that much more in the 2 years and won't miss out on some of the best years of your life.

When I was discussing my application status with a recruiter last week, he explained to me that all applications are reviewed and given a score out of 5. Each trade has a certain score that your application must meet in order to continue on with your recruiting process. Armoured and Combat Engineer were a 3 and Infantry was a 4 (these numbers can vary as much as week to week). Since I only scored a 2 on my application - I applied for Engineer - he suggested that I should take some time and do some volunteering, team sports, physical fitness, as well upgrading education can make your application more competitive.

You have the time now to build your application to be very competitive.
I will have to agree with everybody else - finish high school.
Volunteer somewhere you would enjoy, and join a sports team and if you can get a part time job - keeping in mind that your school grades come first.
My  :2c:

Dylan0455 said:

There's a trades Open/Closed thread which would be the best spot to ask your question.  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88342.950.html  Good luck, and always use the search function first and if its not there then ask. Still good luc and welcome to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back