• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Soldier: A Dream or Reality?

Life as a recruit was

• Hell

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Experience of a lifetime

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Highly Stressful

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Not what I expected

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • i'd do it all over again

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

Duzeman79

Inactive
Reaction score
First off You all have my great respect for doing what you do. I've not yet applied for Regular Force I'm a 20 year old kid from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. I planning to join the combat arms as Infantry I have the application beside my bed I cant help but think every night if I should actually go for it. I dont find it an easy decision to sign yourserlf away for 3 yrs to the forces but at the same time I think it would be worth it. Everyday I day dream of what my life would be like if I was a Soldier and I want to make it reality. I was wondering if I could hear some of your stories as to some of your best/worst situations/experiences going through training as soon as you entered those green doors from day one. IF you can give a little motivation it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time & Best of luck to all of you.

Duzeman79 said:
I was wondering if I could hear some of your stories as to some of your best/worst situations/experiences going through training as soon as you entered those green doors from day one.

Stats as of right now -  646,251 Posts in 39,342 Topics by 18,134 Members - Start searching and reading, you will find what you are looking for.

Search Page

You can lay there in bed looking at that application dreaming of what i would be like

OR

You can hand that application in and find out

If you came here looking for motivation to join, IMHO, you are not ready.

Duzeman... If you want to hear some of our stories, you have not been looking and reading at the stories that have already been posted on this site.

geo said:
Duzeman... If you want to hear some of our stories, you have not been looking and reading at the stories that have already been posted on this site.

He didn't take the time yet...

Temps total passé en ligne:  1 heures et 30 minutes.

(T'was a rhetorical question....)

Theres plenty of threads about new recruits looking to join and i'm sure you can find plenty and read them. But since you dindt look yet ill just give you a glimps.

No matter how much you read about it, see it on tv, hear about it, or even dream about it, you will never know what it is to be in the military until you are actually in it. So even though you think about it almost every night how about you stop thinking about it and make it happen. Take in that application and hand it in. Three years is not a lot to serve a great purpose.

Duzeman,

Your poll doesn't give an option for both "Hell" AND "I'd do it all over again" which it should :) You will be challenged, but remember that you will be a recruit for a relatively short period of time. Like everyone said, welcome, and start reading.

I am half way through my DP1 course and it clearly has it's shitty parts (when the weekend rolls around we're scrambling to get out) but it has it's great parts. I imagine when I'm done DP1 I will look back on it as fondly as I looked back on BMQ.

So basically, it sucks while you're doing it, experience of a lifetime when you're done.

As advised searching this site will find a wealth of stories in all topics. 

3 years is not that long of a time and it will go by quick enough.  After that stint you can decide if the job is for you or not, regardless you would of learned more about your self and the life skills that go along with it.

Talk to the recruiter and or look on this site to find out what BMQ is all about and if you feel you meet the physical requirements for it.  There are steps you can do to get yourself in better shape but the minimum requirements are not that daunting. 

Finally any journey starts with the first step if you don't take it then you will find in life you don't go very far from where your at, laying in bed thinking about it.

Thinking about it over and over again, putting it off forever is a dream, living it day to day and doing it is reality. Your choice.

Back