• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

infantry reserve nova scotia

shortym

Inactive
Reaction score
anyone out there apply for infantry reserves is nova scotia waiting on doing your apptitude and physical?

Good to hear your looking to join.  I suggest you see the recruiter sooner rather than later as the process can take some time.  See you in Aldershot.

I already have, and my files should be transferred from CFRC Halifax to Aldershot by now. I'll be calling tomorrow to make sure. The process can't take any longer than Reg Force Infantry can it? haha
I heard rumors of a winter basic that may be run, hopefully I can finish up the process and be enlisted in time to make the course.

I'm quite confident there will be a winter course.

Hey, Im from Mount Uniacke and I called last week to the WNSR recruter in Aldershot and left a msg. now I have to call back tomorrow to get a list of the papers I need to fill out (so I can get them) and list of documents I will need to bring in, He also said he will email them to me once I give him my email.

NOW! that winter BMQ, I think a winter BMQ would be better than a summer course for the fact: colder weather more kit to carry, thus makes you stronger? What would the Avg. weight of a ruck filled for a winter FTX rough estimate?

Don't get all excited about wearing a 100lb ruck for BMQ.    :camo:

It's been a while since I was involved with a BMQ course, but I BELIEVE you do a single weekend in the field, probably in Feb/Mar so it may or may not even be in the snow depending on the weather in Aldershot.  Even if it is, we use winter warfare tents so while you will carry a ruck, most of your section kit will be in a toboggan that you will all be hooked to like sled dogs.

If I had to guess, my ruck is max somewhere around 60lbs (probably less) for a field weekend.

Trust me, carrying more kit than necessary will get old fast.  Focus on getting the paperwork completed properly as quickly as possible and jumping through all the hoops necessary to get sworn in first.

Good luck.

Kind of reviving this thread. Awesome, Shorty. How'd it go? I'm still waiting on the call from CFRC Halifax with my dates...

Slight bump, Recieved the call. My dates are Wednesday, October 19th. Anyone else scheduled for that day?

thats great my friend is going down on that date for testing. i completed all my testing but  i am still waiting for them to call me back to swear in this process is crazy long :(.

They acknowledged and told you that you're in? I imagine they're probably going to wait until my batch goes through. Then they can have two testing groups all swearing in at once? Can any of the more Experienced guys shed some light on this?

What unit are you guys joining? I've put in my application to the West Novies in September and still haven't heard anything. I guess they were without a recruiter for a few weeks which I'm sure ground things to a halt. Just hoping things pick up soon.

Personally, 1st Battalion, Nova Scotia Highlanders. I fortunately applied just in time, the regular recruiter is being Deployed.

Sorry about that I mistakently hit the wrong button, what I ment to say.....

Hey,
    I’m just finishing my papers up, has anyone been told when the BMQ for the WNSR is scheduled to begin, just general curiosity.
Thanks

I haven't heard anything yet. The most I know is there may be a winter course. I've got no dates though or no guarantee of a course.

Back