• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Officer Wait Time

NBiederman

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just curious about the wait time to be accepted and merit list wait time for the DEO Infantry Officer trade?
Also, I know the Engineering Officer trade is in demand at the moment. Is this generally always the case, or is it just in demand now, and in April it may or may not? I'm just wondering because that trade is one of my top 3 choices, but the other two choices aren't being processed at the moment. I'm afraid that if I wait until April for the other 2 trades to (possibly) open, the engineering officer position will be closed.

Have a look at this: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88342.0.html

As for processing times, it varies a lot for each individual, no way we can answer that accurately.

Maybe I should have rephrased that. I was curious about the experienced waiting time. I know I got the answer for the pilot, and it would apply to Infantry Officer etc, but I though I might as well try saving a lot of time searching through 18 pages to come up an idea of how long people have waited. Seemed more logical that way, but I understand that it is a waste of peoples time to answer the same question over and over, and for that I am sorry to have wasted your time.

As for the "And you want to be an officer?" comment, is it really worth the time to try and put people down based on your own judgement of a situation? I am just an eager person applying to serve his country. No need to try and insult me. And if it was only a joke, my apologies yet again, text does not really emphasize jokes as well as the human voice would.

If you are wondering about the time from application submission to waiting for an offer, please check out this Thread:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0.html
It deals with timings of applications. Stickied on the recruiting process subforum.

If you were wondering about the "training" time, it does differ for Pilot to Infantry Officer to every other trade under the sun, please do not start a new thread wondering the training time for each trade you are considering because there is plenty of information on the official forces.ca to give a ballpark (See PDF fact sheets on browsing jobs).

As for the taking offence to the "And you want to be an officer?" comment, is it really worth the time to be upset about something that a stranger said on the internet? especially considering it was likely because they were frustrated because you are starting to slip into the habit of asking and re-asking questions. I understand this is a major life changing decision for you and I applaud your conviction, but please take a look at the various stickied threads in the recruiting forum because they give a good idea of what to expect. If you are still have questions, search using the search bar or site:army.ca SEARCH TERMS HERE on google.ca. If you still have questions ask, but keep in mind that there are people on this forum are from all ends of the spectrum from people searching information to veterans of 30 years. No one's answers are the substitute of a recruiter.

Good luck with your choices.

I appreciate the help and I do apologize for the re-posting the question. I certainly won't do it again.
I wasn't getting upset by the comment, I have much bigger things to worry about than a simple comment being made. I do understand the frustration and again I am sorry that I re-asked the question (also, I wasn't referring to the training time, I've looked at the PDFs already). I just thought that a simple please do not ask the same question twice would have sufficed as I have only done this once. I think it might deter people from asking questions that they cannot find the answer to simply because they don't want to receive such a response. But alas, I shall be much more careful while posting questions so that I do not waste peoples times.

Back