• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry DP1 Training

boosted11

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if they run Reg Force DP1 Infantry in Gagetown NB.
I see on the forces site it says Meaford/Rainwright, but I remember being a driver for a reserve DP1 few summers ago.

They probably run reserve courses there, but Reg F courses are run by the Regimental Battle Schools, RCR's is in Meaford, PPCLI's in Wainwright, and the Vandoos - I guess that'd be in Valcartier, but I don't know for sure.

DP1 Inf courses can be exported to any Area Training Centre Det. Such as Aldershot, Petawawa, London, Ottawa, Shilo, Borden and probably other places out there. The ATC's are Wainwright for LFWA, Meaford for LFCA, Valcartier for SQFT and Gagetown for LFAA.  There would have to be a pretty good reason to run a course outside of the normal ATC's, as we are not putting many DP1 Inf courses through right now.

Right now in Meaford, there is 1 DP1 Inf course in house and one scheduled (but not likely to run) on the books. So the chance that a course is running in Gagetown is slim to nil unless it is a Reserve DP1. There are not the same a Reg DP1.

Hope that helps!

DD13

Delta Dog is right but they do get exported from time to time.  Two winters ago I was the course officer for a reg force DP1 Infantry in Gagetown run out of LFAATC (it was originally going to be run by 2 RCR). It was mixed with candidates going to all three regiments upon completion.

Back