• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Indecent Proposal

Celticgirl

Inactive
Reaction score
You've all seen the movie, haven't you?  8)  The thread about the student selling her virginity has my mind going back to the days when Indecent Proposal first came out and everyone was asking each other "The Question": Would you (and your significant other) agree to a complete stranger bedding him or her for the night for a million dollars?

Let's face it, though. A million bucks just isn't that much money anymore. So let's up the ante to $5 million.

If a stranger offered to pay you $5 million to sleep with your significant other for one night, what would you (and your partner) say?

Is that before or after tax? 

Regardless, I'll ante up and say go for it.  I'm sure the significant other would agree to it too.  LOL  As for me?  I would make a counter offer, 6 million and I'll make dinner.

Emmie

Wow... this is becoming a swinger page instead of army.ca page!

Deadpan said:
Well now, I shouldn't have looked at this.

:rofl:

Deadpan

I'm sorry, but you need to be 19 or over the participate. ;)

(just kidding)

emmiee said:
Is that before or after tax? 

Regardless, I'll ante up and say go for it.  I'm sure the significant other would agree to it too.  LOL  As for me?  I would make a counter offer, 6 million and I'll make dinner.

Emmie

No tax allowed !!! While in the act.  ;D

Celticgirl said:
If a stranger offered to pay you $5 million to sleep with your significant other for one night, what would you (and your partner) say?

Do I get to watch?

Being a single guy  I see this as win win.... I get laid, And Paid!

but if i was in a relationship, oh hells no..... and if my S/O did it, while in the relationship... she would no longer be in a relationship! lol

What are you talking about? Money CAN most certainly without-a-doubt buy happiness.

For example. If you owned your home outright, and had lots of food in the fridge, had all your bills paid in full, drove a reliable vehicle, AND could vacation wherever/whenever you wanted, you would be very very stress free. Moreso than many many people out there.

This results in your ability to be happy.

Without money, you have a great deal of stress and unpleasant times. This is the exact opposite to happiness (IMHO).

Money cannot however buy TRUE love. But it most certainly can buy happiness.

Nites

Niteshade said:

TRUE, money cannot buy love.  But it can rent it for a few hours  ;D

Niteshade said:
What are you talking about? Money CAN most certainly without-a-doubt buy happiness.

For example. If you owned your home outright, and had lots of food in the fridge, had all your bills paid in full, drove a reliable vehicle, AND could vacation wherever/whenever you wanted, you would be very very stress free. Moreso than many many people out there.

Without money, you have a great deal of stress and unpleasant times. This is the exact opposite to happiness (IMHO).

Nites

I disagree..... 

most of the people I know who have a lot of money are only superficially happy.... most of them all have screwed up lives. their kids are messed up, they drink too much, etc.. etc... etc...

the happiest people i know are the ones who make enough to pay their bills, put food in the fridge, have a few toys to play with, but more importantly are able to spend time with their families, and who know whats really important in life.... Health, family, stuff like that...

if I never make it farther then middle class but i have a family that loves me, and food on my plate, i'll be good... too often all i see is more money = more problems...

Niteshade said:

Nites

Money can buy you happiness, but it most certainly cannot buy me happiness.
There's a difference between being rich and being wealthy, but maybe that's just me.

You know, after reading both this thread, and the thread about the college hooker, I was waiting to read some comment on the lines of "Men think of women as objects and nothing more, ....." 

See, I work at Tim Horton's, and before I became the baker where I spend my time out back in the kitchen, I was usually the only male out front working.
During the time I spent out front has led me to one certainty in life:
  I am certain that the next time I hear some feminist say that men are disgusting because they have only one thing in mind for women... my good foot will enter their rear end followed shortly after by my bad foot... prior to the removal of my good one.

Midget

Well, as the old saying goes.... "Money can't buy you happiness......but...... it certainly lets you dock your yacht closer to it >:D

Having said that, maybe if maybe it was an offer from George Clooney ;D  I would say you're better off playing the lottery and I'm sure the odds are better.  But, chances are I will stay poor and happily in love with favourite engineer!

Back