• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

im getting released...

someguyincanada said:
its a 5f that they are releasing me under cannot adapt to military life

Well it's pretty clear that you can't, so what do you think should happen? It doesn't mean that you're a bad person, but some people are simply unsuited for military service, for one reason or another. This release is the result of a series of events, not a single incident or two... hence the progression through admin measures (from verbal, to recorded, to C&P) on to disciplinary action (charges). Being late one or twice is bad luck and/or poor planning, after that it's a trend...

You are going to want to nip this little problem of yours in the bud pretty darn quick.  This should be your daily priority - a 5F discharge is nothing to sneeze at.  If memory serves me correctly, I believe this discharge is final and also affects your ability to apply to any Government of Canada employment in the future. It could very well be that you can't stopped being discharged from the CF, at least try and do it administratively and not as a form of punishment.

"cannot adapt to military life"

Sounds like a fairly apt description to me.  Turn the page and move on.

Zoomie said:
You are going to want to nip this little problem of yours in the bud pretty darn quick.   This should be your daily priority - a 5F discharge is nothing to sneeze at.   If memory serves me correctly, I believe this discharge is final and also affects your ability to apply to any Government of Canada employment in the future. It could very well be that you can't stopped being discharged from the CF, at least try and do it administratively and not as a form of punishment.

A 5F release (actually, any 5-series release) is an honourable release.  It may affect any future application to return to the Forces, but I don't believe it would interfere with any jobs elsewhere in the federal government that he may wish to pursue.

Disciplinary releases are the 1-series (Misconduct) and sometimes 2-series (Unsatisfactory Service).  For the whole story see QR&Os at http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/qr_o/vol1/ch015_e.asp.

While 5 series releases are not dishonourable discharges, a 5f release means "unsuitable for future employment", which pretty much rules out getting a job down the road with any government department/agency, at the federal, provincial or municipal level... IIRC

It's what we threaten to release people under in the reserves when they stop parading and don't turn in their kit... it usually works...

Although some might admire the fact that you are fighting using every means at your disposal, I'm not one of them. Essentially, you have refused to accept any responsibility for your actions despite repeated attempts to correct your shortcomings. In fact you have blamed everyone in your chain of command and then some.

As someone posted, this doesn't mean that you are a bad person, but perhaps you ought to take some time and reflect on your situation. I don'tunderstand what you want...a fifth chance?

Time to move on and chalk this one up to experience. Who knows, perhaps if you can demonstrate a greater sense of reliability over a sustained period of time, you might be looked at again for enrolment...but you will need to do some work. If you're not prepared to assume responsibility for your actions, you should be prepared for continued disappointment.

Mike_R23A said:
While 5 series releases are not dishonourable discharges, a 5f release means "unsuitable for future employment", which pretty much rules out getting a job down the road with any government department/agency, at the federal, provincial or municipal level... IIRC

"Unsuitable for future employemt" means future employment in the Forces, not all future employment.  I've yet to apply for a job with any level of government and have them ask about my release item (and I have applied for jobs with all three levels of government since my release).  99 per cent of people from outside of the Forces wouldn't know a 1A from a 4C, and would probably never think to ask.  The term "Honourable Release" on a Certificate of Service would satisfy just about anyone who cared.

I was told the same thing about 5-series releases in Basic, and believed it at the time, but experience has shown it to be false.

the old rule of not being hired on by the government municipal, provincial and federal have been abolished.  This isn't to say they wont choose some one else over you but they cannot say because of a 5f you cannot get a job. Not sure where the ref is for that but it did come out a few years ago. Personally you have little ability to control your own destiny, the military accepted you and gave you the "PRIVILAGE" to be a member. All they asked of you was to show up on time, don't do drugs and be in uniform. You failed one of these three things, not once or twice but three times.  my old civie job if you were late once they warned you and sent you home with out out pay, second time you went home for good with out pay. so I guess you were lucky. Very few people get kicked out of the military, it is one of the most lenient jobs you can ever have, i guess your privilege has been revoked. Carry on and use this as a learning experience , remember you gave a way a $4000 a month job for being late hopefully you and others have learnt a leasson. good luck in your future aspects.

N. McKay said:
"Unsuitable for future employemt" means future employment in the Forces, not all future employment.  I've yet to apply for a job with any level of government and have them ask about my release item (and I have applied for jobs with all three levels of government since my release).  99 per cent of people from outside of the Forces wouldn't know a 1A from a 4C, and would probably never think to ask.  The term "Honourable Release" on a Certificate of Service would satisfy just about anyone who cared.

I was told the same thing about 5-series releases in Basic, and believed it at the time, but experience has shown it to be false.

Is 5f mentioned on that certificate of service??

samuel777 said:

You realize the post you're replying to is less than a year short of its CD, right?

Yes I do, this time, still I though maybe somebody could answer that question, since any ex mil. should know...

samuel777 said:

samuel777 said:
Yes I do, this time, still I though maybe somebody could answer that question, since any ex mil. should know...

Four-pages of 5F discussion here ( if that is what you are looking for? ),

5F Release questions/answers (merged)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/102903.75

someguyincanada said:
the reason im releasing is cause i was on C&P for tardiness and in feb i had was late for the field, on no fault of my own, and I was put on trial today and was guilty and so they started the release proceedings..

sorry bro... but to be honest and not to be an asshole, im sure there are more things you've done to push it to this point. You gotta sort yourself out, no one get released for being late a couple of times. I'll Believe a few extras, but you are on another level. my suggestion if you survive this is... stop pocking your head around, dont talk about anything or do anything. just dont draw attention to you. and just do everything you're told, is that simple.

Check the post date dute. He's probably been out for a decade. ;)

Back