• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Im Applying for DSM of my corps

armygurl_557 said:
I remember You..
I was in Your Platoon..
Duthards..
2nd Serial..
I'm aware of who you are.  By the way the platoon was called "Dutharts" not "Duthards" it was named after Alex Duthart a well known pipe band drummer.

dutharts? i have never heard of him. are you supposed ot learn it in cadets?

sgt.pongo said:
dutharts? i have never heard of him. are you supposed ot learn it in cadets?
Not necessarily, but it is what we callled one of the platoons of Basic P&D Cadets.

i was a sgt this year when i was promoted to master warant and the position of DSM i got it because i had a good drill voice and did my job well. sounds to me like shes considering it just do your job man and you will get the position you deserve which sounds like DSM so good luck.
peace

squirl said:
i was a sgt this year when i was promoted to master warant and the position of DSM i got it because i had a good drill voice and did my job well. sounds to me like shes considering it just do your job man and you will get the position you deserve which sounds like DSM so good luck.
peace
Congratulations you on your promotion.  I'm just curious though, around what size is your corps?  What kind of criteria does your corps use for double promotions?  I ask because my cadet corps has never once double promoted a cadet (at least since I've been in it), and we do testing and board meetings to promote senior ranks (we're a large cadet corps).

Double promotions are unnecessary, there is no need for a person with an appointment to be promoted ASAP once receiving the position. This is one of my greatest beefs with the ideology many Cadets follow. A rank, and a position/appointment are 2 entirely different things. I was an RSM when I was a WO.... (for 1 week) As a DSM you can be ANY rank, Private, Corporal, Clodhopper, it really does not matter. You exercise the authority of your position as required, you just may not have direct 'control' (bad word, sorry) of others w/i the unit at all times like you would as a person of higher rank status.

A triple promotion from Sgt to CWO is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, no disrespect intended but if that individual was all that they would have had no bones about being a WO and MWO for at least a short period of time. When I see and work with units that feel it a neccessity to bounce people up that quickly I loose confidence in their training department, and leadership.

i was a sgt. earlier this year when i was promoted to master warant and position of DSM so it isnt impossible you just should be god at your job have good dress dril and deportment and work well just do your job man and yea it sounds to me like she  is considering you for the position. good luck

PEACE

Armyboi, that was my problem in that one sentence really, "they obviously felt she had the right qualities" for a position. Rank should be given over time so you learn how to exercise authority correctly, the difference between Sgt and MWO is sweeping, the largest jump in Cadets really (barring the absurd Sgt to CWO). Gooid on them for getting the position, I do not doubt they earned it, and are a good fit with all the qualities and skills needed..... BUT I was a WO for 8 weeks, it didn't kill me, plus it gave me some experience at the WO level.

well tyhanks everyone. i hope she looks into my drill lession. they have stuck me teaching 2 drill lessions but one i am only a helper for a master corporal. but i wonder if she will see that i know how to do it. thanks god i practised my turns. haha

Dane said:
BUT I was a WO for 8 weeks, it didn't kill me, plus it gave me some experience at the WO level.
I was a Sgt for a full year, a WO for 8 months, and a MWO for 14 months.

I think serving the time in each rank was necessary, as it gave me experiance in each level of the chain of command (my corps usually ensures senior NCOs serve at least 6 months in each rank).  I had no problem serving those amounts of time in each rank (I had my NSCE as a Sgt, so qualifications was not an issue either), I also had an acting term as a Sergeant Major before receiving the rank of MWO.

I do congraulate you on your promotions, but I know if I jumped that many ranks I wouldn't be as effective as a leader as I am by serving time in each rank.

Back