• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'll join to go to Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xl1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I truly want to fight in Afghanistan.
In a combat role.

Is there a waiting list?

If I can't get to Afghanistan through Canada, I'll join the US Army or USMC to go to Iraq.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
removed by moderator at request of member

If Canada still pulls out by 2011 I highly doubt you could complete all your training and the recruiting process by then. Not to mention the odds of you getting in just because you want to "fight" are even lower.

JohnTBay said:
Wait, is this a serious post..? ::)
I.....don't even want to venture a guess.  Part of me wants to say Rambo Wannabe...part thinks it's trolling. :rofl:

I've got my money on serious... and 17 years old wanting to drop out of HS to join.

xl1 said:
Hi,

In a combat role.

Is there a waiting list?

If I can't get to Afghanistan through Canada, I'll join the US Army or USMC to go to Iraq.

Thanks,

Very commendable, I haven't heard this Gung-Ho attitude for awhile, but if your serious and want answers, lets start with some information on you.

Especially why you want a Combat role in Afghanistan.

Cheers.

..or Iraq. 

http://www.army.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106271
Afterlife,

I have the same question.
I'm a Canadian citizen living in Ontario.

I want to be in Iraq and join the US Army or USMC.

Any progress for you?

Yeah,

Just what we need, this xl1 guy sounds like just the type that can pull out the big win for us!

Afghanistan or Iraq, Sh*t! why not both?! Wonder what he's doing next weekend?

I think with that kind of catchem & killem attitude the Marines might be a good choice and they wouldn't hesitate to take him.

xl1 said:
In a combat role.

That's great.

xl1 said:
Is there a waiting list?

Yes.

xl1 said:

See ya!   
2.gif

xl1 said:

Any info?  Here's the first thing I found when I Googled "any information".  ::)

xl1 said:
Hi,

In a combat role.

Is there a waiting list?

Thanks,

I think that you had better ask your parents permission first, in order to join the CF; and then wait until you have reached the age of 18 before you can be deployed overseas.  Until then, stay in school and study a little harder in your history classes.

Sonnyjim said:
they wouldn't hesitate to take him.

Well the lack of a Green Card or Citizenship would be an issue.... An unless an immediate family member holds a Green Card or US Citizenship you are SOL on getting one.

xl1 you should start watching/reading the news the US is planning on withdrawing its forces from Iraq by 2011 I believe.

xl1 said:

Thanks,

Read this thread from beginning to end.  I'm sure you'll find it a useful primer...

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/82711.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back