• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IIHF WJC, Canada vs. USA, Semi-Final Game.

Sapplicant

Inactive
Reaction score
Here we go. Beer's chilled, nachos are in the oven.

Anyone got a feeling this one's going to OT? Personally, I'm skeptical of Canada's ability to handle what the US has to offer, and I think we'll be playing Sweden for the Bronze. OMM NOM NOM NOM... Mmmm, those words tasted like a pizza made out of chicken skin from KFC  ;D

Anyone else have any premonitions?

No premonitions, but good start for the good guys :)  :cdn:

Edit to add: make that TWO good starts!  w00t!

CANADA 4.....USA 1 !!!!!

Bring on the Russkies !

tango22a

Last year they beat us on home ice to get the gold. Last night, we beat them on their home ice, and they might not even get a medal out of it ;D

I find it personally amusing that in a US rink, there were 75% Canadian fans in the arena.... can you tell hockey isn't big down there?

PuckChaser said:
I find it personally amusing that in a US rink, there were 75% Canadian fans in the arena.... can you tell hockey isn't big down there?
I know, eh. Even worse down in the south. Gary Bettman should have kept teams where there is a strong following.

Totally off topic, but the Nordiques were going to have quite an epic sweater before they were moved to Denver.

Check it out here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Nordiques

fuuuuuu_RE_Comics_Gifs_Verticals_Etc-s498x387-93636.jpg

Canada should have been ready for the offense.... but these are just kids and they'll learn from it.

Too bad only 1 guy from the Russian team can come back next year, I have a feeling they're not going to place as well.

Occam said:
That was quite the explosion, wasn't it?
There, fixed it for you.  Hats off to the Russians.  They could have simply hung their heads after heading into the third period, down by 3 and facing a hostile crowd.  But they simply turned the jets on. 

Technoviking said:
There, fixed it for you.  Hats off to the Russians.  They could have simply hung their heads after heading into the third period, down by 3 and facing a hostile crowd.  But they simply turned the jets on.

Seemed to me the Russians played the same game in the third that they did the rest of the game.  The difference was that Canada was hitting hard for 30 minutes, and then seemed to go into cruise control.  You can't do that against Russia....or the US.  They needed to keep up the tempo.

It was like watching a Maple Leafs game there in the third ^-^ ;D

Back