• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ignoring contacts, future problems?

ProtectAndServe

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, just want to know what anyone thinks I should do about my 'joining up' problem... So I applied online, was contacted pretty fast, BUT at the time after speaking with a recruiter about finishing high school I ignored the contact... I really regret it now, they even went far enough that I received phone calls from them, but I didn't get back to them. So anyway now I'm finish school and eager to join in infantry. I've got to hand in my transcript and proof of citizenship and I believe after that I'd be on my way.

BUT what I really want to ask is will this affect me being 'hired' ? The way I ignored them and all, will they think of me as not serious about it? Because since the age of 16 I've wanted a career in the forces.

Advice would be greatly appreciated..

And.....if we don't answer your question and ignor contacts with you....how would you feel......?  ::)

It might have an effect, but the best thing you can do is get back into contact with them and show them you're serious about joining up. However, Infantry is currently full so you're going to be waiting a long time to get in.

Well obviously being ignored may not please a normal human being... I fully understand that, and as mentioned in my post, I do regret it... Anyway... Thank you for the info, but since our soldiers returned from Afghanistan would it be possible some may leave the force and thus infantry spots open up? Because I've spoke with a recruiter and he told me in March infantry spots should be available. :) Hopefully he's right.

Back