• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Idea For This Site

scm77

Inactive
Reaction score
I had an idea for this site. There seems to be quite a few questions regarding equipment. What‘s issued, whats not issued, whats allowed etc.

I think it would be a good idea if someone who is currently in the army, took some time went through and listed all their kit. It would probably take a bit of time but it would eliminate a bunch of questions asked about kit. It could go in this section or in the recruiting FAQ section.

Just an idea.

Webbing
-Yolk
-Belt
-Magazine Pouches x2
-C9 Utility Pouch
-Butt Pack
-Straps 4x (Two Sets of Different Lengths)
-Flashlight
-Goggles (Clear And Shaded)
-Rain Gear (Top And Bottom)
-Canteen Carrier
-KFS Carrier
-Bayonet Frog

Ruck Sack
-Main bag
-Sleeping Bag Valise
-Quick Release Straps
-Lower Back Pad
-Highier Back pad
-Metal frame

-Sleeping Bag x3 (Inner Outter And Liner)
-Ground Sheet
-Ranger Blanket

-Parka
-Combat Jactket
-Toque x2 (White And Green)
-Winter Whites x3 (Top Bottom And Rucksack Cover)
-White Facemask x1 (Dont know About this one I got it though)
-Arctic Mitts
-Leather Gloves x2 (Inner Green And Outer Black)
-Goretex Gloves
-Trigger Mitts
-Goretex Parka
-Goretex Jacket

Boots
-Combat Boots x2
-Goretex Boots x2
-Jungle Boots x1
-Briding Boots x1
-Ankle Boots x1
-Gumbies x1
-Artic Slippers x1
-Mukluks x1

Snowshoes x1
Thermos x1
Canteen x1
KFS x1
Canteen Cup x1
Gerber x1
"Jump" Knife x1

Combats Complete x3
Longjohns x2
Fleece Top x2
Fleece Pants x2
Windpants x1
Snowpants x1
Berret x2
Field Cap x1 (Includes Neck Cover)
Helmet x1
Helmet Cover x2 (White And Cadpat)

DEU
Tunic x1
Sweater x1
Overcoat x1
Dress Raincoat x1
White Gloves x1
White Belt x1
Green Shirt x2 (Long sleeve Short Sleeve)
Pants x2
Wash Basin x1
Bivy Bag x1

And I believe Thats all my issued Kit Give or take a Few Items I just did it off the top of my head so bare with it

later on i can scan the webbing and rucksack booklets

Spr. Williamson, you forgot the "often dented never penetrated" DND wash-basin.

I‘ve also got a pair of contact gloves, though I seem to recall somthing about them generally only being issued to mounted units? (They‘re a god send though, everyone should get a pair).

Does anyone else have tac-filters for their maglite?

All that?

I‘m getting kitted on monday, i might bring an extra duffle.. :)

As a recruit, you MIGHT get half of that stuff...

You won‘t get any of the Goretex (Actually, you‘ll get goretex socks, and a goretex bivvy bag, but that‘s it), you won‘t get any of the DEU (Dress uniform), you won‘t get any of the fleece stuff (You will get a Combat Sweater and a Flannel Coat though), as far as the boots get, you‘ll only get 2 pairs of combat boots and a pair of mukluks, and probably the over boots (Gumbie boots... has anyone ever actually used this things? I know they‘d be great if they weren‘t such a ****ed pain in the *** to lug around...)

Just a Sig Op, I made my own filter for the mag light, went to a craft store, bought a small amount of this clear red plastic? cut it to size, and taped it onto the mag lite with electrical tape.

Just a Sig Op,

Those overboots are great in the field when its wet and muddy during warm weather. Wear a pair of sneakers in them instead of your boots, much lighter and breaths better too. I used to use them this way all the time.

Originally posted by AlphaCharlie:
[qb] All that?

I‘m getting kitted on monday, i might bring an extra duffle.. :) [/qb]
I‘m getting kitted on monday too! My Lt told me to bring big garbage bags. Cant wait to getit all!

Yeah...the morning sucks...come afternoon Ill be having a blast! I just got sworn in today.

before you get yelled at, i would take the unit name outta your profile.

i was kurtly informed that until you finish basic you‘re not part of any regiment.

D-n-A: It‘s a good idea. I know that a lot of people do that. They issued us a rubber ring that fits around the top of the light, and red/yellow/blue filters that fit in under the ring. I know Maglite makes their own filter set/mount, I‘ve seen them on sale for maybe $10.

Brin11: Interesting idea. Did you wear them like that for general use?

Only needed them when in the field in the summer and lots of rain/mud; not in garrison. Just make sure no one will be checking. I was in a service battalion and no one knew but me. Never had to haul them around, hauled around on the back of the truck!

was kurtly informed that until you finish basic you‘re not part of any regiment.
But i signed like a billion things today... and on my folder and some of the stuff i signed where it said unit it said or they made me put Queen‘s own cameron highlanders....And i was sworn in by A major from QOCH.

Here, this might help you.

http://www.army.dnd.ca/LF/equip/hab/index_e.html

Originally posted by Righty:
[qb]
was kurtly informed that until you finish basic you‘re not part of any regiment.
But i signed like a billion things today... and on my folder and some of the stuff i signed where it said unit it said or they made me put Queen‘s own cameron highlanders....And i was sworn in by A major from QOCH. [/qb]
Yep. As did I. I dont make up the rules. o_O

I got all my kit...

I didn‘t get any winter cammo or a "jump knife"

i didnt even get a multi-tool... and my rucksack is REALLY gunky.... it has a slimy feel to it all.

oh well. thats what reservists get I guess. The rest was all awesome. I even got the cadpat kevlar helmet (didnt expect that!)

oh, and I only got one beret... was I supposed to get 2?

Your only entitled to one beret as far as I know.

Some of the kit like winter whites, may be issued to you later on, or might just be a Temp Issue for a FTX. Some of the other kit might be issued to certain trades.

When I got my kit, I got a multi-tool, maybe your QM didnt have any in-stock or forgot?

Back